Platimun (for Enderium) to craft a resonant upgrade kit

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
hi. i need some Platinum to get a resonant upgrade kit.
i'm using the direwolf20 1.12 pack

i found the following on the CoFH website:
Obtaining
Platinum ore does not occur in the world by default, and thus cannot be legitimately obtained. However, it may be configured to generate in the world in modpacks.

Platinum ore must be mined with a diamond pickaxe or better. If it is mined, it drops itself as an item.
i got one ingot in my refined storage system. no idea how i got that.

so ... can you help me? how do i get the platinum in the direwolf20 pack?
does it generate in the overworld world or mining world? at which hight?
or is there another way to get enderium ingots? i didnt see anything in JEI.
well, Endearing bee produces nuggets, but i dont think that's an option

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
You can smelt nickel ore in an induction smelter with cinnabar to get platinum as a 100% byproduct, and the cinnabar you can get as a byproduct from pulverising redstone ore, and silk touch is pretty easy to get on a tinkers pick.

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
thanks, SolManX
i didnt realize that was an option
that pretty much solved my problem. i just added silktouch to an old obsitian pick i had laying around
wish there was a way to convert redstone back to ore after it is pulverized though (i'd also accept a loss during that, like one ore for 10 redstone or something like that)

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
thanks, SolManX
i didnt realize that was an option
that pretty much solved my problem. i just added silktouch to an old obsitian pick i had laying around
wish there was a way to convert redstone back to ore after it is pulverized though (i'd also accept a loss during that, like one ore for 10 redstone or something like that)

There is no way to convert the redstone back into it's ore form. But let's be honest here, there is enough redstone ore to supply all the Platinum you will ever need.

FYI: Cinibar is a chance byproduct of pulverizing gold ore as well.

Make sure your pulverizer is upgraded with the secondary output sieve augment to maximize your chance of Cinibar.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I will also say that, assuming the configs are similar to those in Horizons III (i.e. mostly untouched) you can also get platinum using a Void Ore Miner from Environmental Tech. A light blue laser lens will help net you more Platinum with that too.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I will also say that, assuming the configs are similar to those in Horizons III (i.e. mostly untouched) you can also get platinum using a Void Ore Miner from Environmental Tech. A light blue laser lens will help net you more Platinum with that too.

True - another alternative is the industrial foregoing laser drill - the blue lens gets both diamonds and platinum. You have to get a decent supply of pink slime going though.