[Planning Phases] Beneath: HQM Skyblock with a Unique Twist

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
So, not sure if this will ever see the light, but I have a bit of an idea for a modpack, basically, it is Skyblock, but there is a wasteland below the island that you are unable to place blocks in (if possible), and you must collect resources from there to bring back to the island. It will mainly be focused on magic mods. No story has been planned yet, but there will be one. Anyway:

FEATURES

Wastelands in 4 flavors: Frozen, Mushroom, Desert and Stone!
Created using BiomeTweaker, these four wastes will cover the lands below, Stone being the only one with ores.

Early progression using Pam's DesertCraft!
The desert will be the rarest of all biomes, but when you find one, that's when your adventure begins. Convert Cactus into Planks and make tools out of it! All other wood recipes will be disabled, so you have to use Cactus to make your planks.

Tiering system uses Metallurgy, no Ex Nihilo present!
Credit to @jdog1408 for the idea! Mine for ores in the stone wasteland and make better pickaxes as you go. Recipes for magic stuffs may or may not be gated using Metallurgy ores.

Large island in case you want to build!
Exactly what it says on the tin. To be barren, a floating island does not ave to be tiny. Building mods like Chisel and Carpenter's Blocks will also be present.

EVER-GROWING MOD LIST (Removals may happen as well)
  • All the stuff I will need (don't feel like listing them right now LOL)
  • Thaumcraft
  • Botania
  • Witchery (?)
  • Blood Magic (?)
  • Metallurgy 4 (Base, Precious and Fantasy)
  • Pam's DesertCraft
  • Pam's HarvestCraft
  • Spice of Life
  • Chisel
  • BiblioCraft
  • Carpenter's Blocks
  • Expect a lot more to come. Witchery and Blood Magic are probably gonna be there, but I haven't checked them out yet.

Last edited:

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds awesome, love the metallurgy idea. I've always wanted to see a pack with metallurgy needed for progression. Contact me if you need any help :)

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Sounds awesome, love the metallurgy idea. I've always wanted to see a pack with metallurgy needed for progression. Contact me if you need any help :)
...Great. Somebody actually found this pack when I don't feel like working on it.

But I may in the future!

Kiku

Jul 29, 2019
I love this idea! If you need help testing you can contact me. Skype is Zetosuru. I'd be help to help, even suggest things!

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
I would like to work on this idea. May I have permission to continue this?
Long as I help with the design a bit. Have had a few ideas for this pack after this thread.

But you can still make suggestions and such, and add some other mods.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Yeah, I can work with that. How should we contact?
PM would be okay. Don't really have a Skype. And besides, we seem to be in different time zones anyways, considering it says you posted that at 4 AM according to my time zone. (I'm in EST)