Placed quarry with optifine now my world is flickering

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Has this ever happened to you?

• Total voters

rapidfire316

Jul 29, 2019
I recently started a new ftb world, I installed optifine on it, and it seemed to work fine. But when I placed a quarry down, my worlds lights started flickering, and I can't play with it. Need help

AppEx

Jul 29, 2019
You mean chunks disappearing?
if so, try to turn off multi-core threading

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Flickering lights? What exactly do you mean?
Only thing I can think of that I have experienced is when interacting with certain UIs(machines and inventories etc) and pressing shift, the world lighting will change to darker(almost looks like night). But only happens while holding shift and never outside an open UI.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
This is a known issue with Optifine. It is caused by Optifine and the BuildCraft team will do nothing to fix it because it is not their fault. Optifine simply breaks some things.

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same thing happen - but it was only in our mystcraft mining age. Highly annoying, but since it went away when i returned to the overworld, it was manageable.
*sometimes* i could get it to go away by doing a 'reset video setting' in optifine. but that was usually temporary.

best option, is to use mystcraft to create a mining age, and put all your quarries there. Then you only get flickering when tending your quarry, and not while working in your base.