Pipes for biomass/fuel noob question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mercadi

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings, everyone.
I am new to FTB (Direwolf20 modpack), and there's plenty of things I don't understand yet.
Specifically, I am trying to transport biomass from a Fermenter to a Still, but all the pipes I've tried did not seem to work. I used different kinds of waterproof pipes, and fluid pipes (made of brass). Must I power the pipe? Or must there be a pump? I know I am missing something very simple... Any suggestions?

infosoft

Jul 29, 2019
You should use a wooden waterproof pipe at the beginning, power it with a redstone engine.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use liquiducts (from Thermal Expansion). Whack the duct connecting to the fermenter once with a wrench to switch to extract mode and apply a redstone signal.
If you have any kind of junction in your line (like one fermenter feeding 2+ stills), the ducts are preferable to pipes, because their behavioural coding is better. They just can't carry a gate.

Honza8D

Jul 29, 2019
yea thats the cheapest option, but about the fluid pipe you mentioned, you would need redpower pump powered by bluletricity

zooqooo

Jul 29, 2019
Waterproof pipes: Require an engine, very slow, very cheep
Liquiducts: Middle price, Very fast, Auto pumping (best)
Fluid pipes: Middle price, Middle speed, expensive pump, can auto place source blocks