Pigmen reflect damage or something else?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
If you hit one pigman, you'll aggro every other one in a large radius. If you're standing too close to the mob grinder, it could be that so many of them are hitting you at the exact same time that the small invulnerability time that you have after you get hit might not protect you agianst the extra pigmen.
I'm assuming this is a bug, though, as somebody said that normal swords don't have this issue.

Except they can't hit me. Iron bars at head level and brains surrounding the 1x1 space at feet level. I hit them through the tiny gap between jars.
It has to be a reflect of the aoe attack, but that doesn't really explain the fire.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
Except they can't hit me. Iron bars at head level and brains surrounding the 1x1 space at feet level. I hit them through the tiny gap between jars.
It has to be a reflect of the aoe attack, but that doesn't really explain the fire.

I figured me catching on fire was a reflection of the full sword damage effect (Max Sharpness, Repair, Fire Aspect, Vorpal, Looting, etc)...

If you don't have Fire Aspect, then... maybe I'll check with the mod forums to see what's up.

Apophenia

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I think it is Vorpal. I believe that the Sword of the Zephyr has a small chance of chaining to yourself then Vorpal triggers and presto... instantly dead player.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Actually I think it is Vorpal. I believe that the Sword of the Zephyr has a small chance of chaining to yourself then Vorpal triggers and presto... instantly dead player.
He said it happened with an unenchanted zephyr as well. I would suggest hitting the mobs once so they become hostile targets then attempt to zephyr them. The issue could be the neutrality of them when you first attack.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, can Z.Pigmen spawn with enchanted armor?
If so, maybe they just have Thorn enchantment on them.

I know its kinda farfetched just brainstorming.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, can Z.Pigmen spawn with enchanted armor?
If so, maybe they just have Thorn enchantment on them.

I know its kinda farfetched just brainstorming.

I thought this at first too, but have not yet seen a thorns enchanted piece of armor. And thorns does'nt reflect damage, it does a static amount of damage in return for the strike, so unless many of them have thorns armor (increasing the chance I'd see something drop) in the pack, its unlikely it would instant kill someone with 2 pc quantum etc etc etc.

and regular zombies/skellies can also wear armor, didn't have the issue until the piggies arrived[DOUBLEPOST=1360718180][/DOUBLEPOST]
He said it happened with an unenchanted zephyr as well. I would suggest hitting the mobs once so they become hostile targets then attempt to zephyr them. The issue could be the neutrality of them when you first attack.

It does happen with an unenchanted zephyr, but I've not yet killed myself with this sword.. that's what lead me to believe something is reflecting damage back, that and that it doesn't happen with every piggy alone, just in larger groups. Might be a undocumented side effect to using the sword on large numbers of piggies? no idea though.