Pick up XP orbs?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
A

Ascend

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a really fast way to pick up experience orbs. For reference, 4 vacuum hoppers were far to slow.

Another solution is to disable XP orb drops, so if anyone has a way to do this then it'd be appreciated.

Thanks!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Have you tried a MFR Sewer? Think it bypasses the whole "attracting the orbs" derpyness.

Also are you sure you don't have a botleneck in your piping?

A

Ascend

I'll try the sewer, didn't in the first place because there's usually faster options than MFR.
There's no bottleneck in the piping, I'm just transferring it straight to a bedrock drum. It's just that I'm trying to run 8 Draconic Evolution spawners so it can gets a little out of hand.

Thanks!

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard that RotaryCraft's Item Vacuum also picks up XP and holds a disgusting amount of it. Not sure if it's fluid or not, but you can always let it run and stick a Grate nearby so that you can manually collect it to drain into that drum right away.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Ascend, can you clarify if it has to be a block, or if a player-worn item is sufficient for your use case? Ring o' Experience is in some popular packs and insta-grabs experience near you.

Also, Ender IO has an experience obelisk or some such that holds essentially infinite experience as far as I can tell (I've stored hundreds of levels of xp in the thing)

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried a MFR Sewer? Think it bypasses the whole "attracting the orbs" derpyness.

Also are you sure you don't have a botleneck in your piping?

I may be wrong, but I believe that using a sewer to pick up XP converts that XP into mob essence.

EDIT: I just checked my own system, and I can confirm that this is the case.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
and, if you want to convert it back into XP, if you have openblocks in your pack, get a tank and a shower, attach the shower to the tank and right click, and it will start pouring XP orbs out. Note: Use a lever next to the shower, it will allow it to be controllable.

A

Ascend

For anyone who wants to know, the MFR sewer works the best by far.
The fact that it automatically gets rid of the entities rather than 'attracting' them helps a ton.

Still needed 4 of them just to deal with the outflow of mob essence.

Thanks to @rhn for the suggestion.

Reactions: rhn