Phased conductive pipe?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mannen

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to add it to the FTB Ultimate pack?
As far as I know the phased conductive pipe belongs to BuildCraft, but it isn't in FTB...

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to add it to the FTB Ultimate pack?
As far as I know the phased conductive pipe belongs to BuildCraft, but it isn't in FTB...
it belongs to additional pipes(or something like that) mod, which is addon for buildcraft.

Mannen

Jul 29, 2019
it belongs to additional pipes(or something like that) mod, which is addon for buildcraft.

Thank you, I managed to add them, took the additional pipe mod from tekkit lite.

Why would you even want them? Tesseracts are king.
I'm not too familiar with tesseracts, I honestly don't even know what they are, phased conductive pipes are the only "wireless" energy transfer I've used. But I'm learning, slowly :)

Can anyone tell me what this pipe does exactly?
They transfer/recieve MJ using conductive pipes, so I can use two phased to send and recieve MJ all over the world.

e/ Apparently they can send anything that can move with pipes, so liquid and items too.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
tesseracts are pretty much same, but with different energy loss. however add. pipes adds bunch of awesome stuff like distribution pipe.

hutchkc

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, I managed to add them, took the additional pipe mod from tekkit lite.
I'm not too familiar with tesseracts, I honestly don't even know what they are, phased conductive pipes are the only "wireless" energy transfer I've used. But I'm learning, slowly :)

They transfer/recieve MJ using conductive pipes, so I can use two phased to send and recieve MJ all over the world.

e/ Apparently they can send anything that can move with pipes, so liquid and items too.

The phased pipes are in additional buildcraft objects and i don't believe are in the packs because Thermal Expansion adds tesseracts. Which do the same thing as phased pipes. There are energy, liquid, and item tesseracts which do the same thing as their phased counterparts. The main difference is that the energy tesseract has a 20% energy loss whereas I don't believe the phased pipes do. This can be changed in the cofh.cfg if you prefer.

I believe the crafting of tesseracts is cheaper in material wise than phased pipes but requires an induction smelter, magama cruicible, and liquid transposer to make. So you'll need a little more infrastructure first.

check out (
)

iconmaster

Jul 29, 2019
Additional Pipes is in the current Tekkit pack, I believe. It works nicely, but TE's Tesseracts completely outclass it.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
The one real advantage that BC pipes give are logic gates for added control. That's why I still use them, even if they blow up.

Facades as well.

Tesseracts seem to be the better choice, less buggy. I also don't know what kind of logic you can apply to a phased pipe atm.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Do Tesseracts transport liquids? ie., lava/water/oil/fuel ?
Holy Necro, Batman! Ages ago this thread was dead and now you have seen fit to bring it back to ask an inane question.

But still, you have your answer. The "new" tesseracts transport fluid, energy, and items, all lossless, but power is RF instead of MJ now. Each can be configured separately on a single tess' to boot. Have a tank of fuel connected to a tesseract directly attached to a BC Iron Engine, a infinite water supply on the same network, the engine is connected to a BC Quarry via the same network of Tesseract's and the quarry is connected to your ME Network back home with a import bus connected to a chest filled from a tesseract, each tess' only doing what it's supposed to do, all fluids going from input to the engine, the engine sending power one way to the quarry, and the quarry sending items one way to the chest. Even if the quarry had the engine next to it it's the same deal, really.