permissions with mytown

ImOk

Jul 29, 2019
Now trying MPCP+, bperms, Essentials, EssentialsChat, ModifyWorld, WorldGuard, WorldEdit and Vault. Running into problems (as usual) and I think mytown is the culprit. No matter what I've changed perms to I still get [default] showing up before my and everyone elses name.
Also when i was trying PEX no matter what I'd get "do not have permission to use that command" about to remove mytown (which will suck for all the towns in place) and try something else~
All these perm systems are frustrating me anymore ...

ImOk

Jul 29, 2019
still having some issues ... problems with PEX saying it cant find the default group... its not even looking at the permissions.yml file. Any pointers?

Jim Armstrong

Jul 29, 2019
I was struggling with these this week as well~~ It's important to delete *all* whitespace at the end of lines in yml files. I used Notepad++ which helped, but it didnt show whitespace at the end of lines so, I had to use my cursor to make sure everything was tight.

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using the MyTown ForgePermsCBBridge plugin? This will allow you to use bPermissions to set MyTown permissions. If you choose this method be sure to use the version of ForgePerms that doesn't have PEX. The permission for deleting towns is mytown.cmd.delete, make sure players have it.

If you think MyTown is the culprit for the prefixes you can set "B:FormatChat=false" and see if [default] disappears.