Permissions question

kaikaikai

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to set up a FTB-server with a collection of quite specific permissions for users but I'm a bit unsure about the use of permissions. This question is probably more relevant for specific Bukkit plugins, but maybe some of you can lead me to the correct plugin.

Normally, anti-grief plugins (which I have found) blocks everthing for people not part of the access-group; preventing access to doors, chests, block-placement and block-removal etc.
My question is, is it possible to individually set these permissions?

Example:
The server uses Towny or Factions. A city is formed and is protected from griefing by the owner. In my case I want this to imply that people not at part of the city should not be able to destroy or place blocks and use doors, BUT they should be able to steal from chests if they somehow manages to get into the city.

So is it possible to allow access to chests and not doors etc. for people not a part of the city?

Thank you!

Blacke

Jul 29, 2019
Your issue is not with permissions, I believe that it should be located in the configs of the plugins, this goes for factions, dont know about towny

waddle1463

Jul 29, 2019
I run towny and the only way I can think of is installing LWC and auto locking doors but removing the abilities to lock chests then allowing switch perm for users not in town.

EDIT: It is very easy to do a bukkit plugin for this... If you are interested PM me, I do a lot of plugins dealing with towny on my server

Pyro4816

Jul 29, 2019
If you want, you could install a plugin that allows people to lock items such as LWC, disable certain aspects, and just edit your towny config to not allow locking of anything. This lets you have a more fine tuned control over it.