Permissions for Unleashed (1.5.2)

unafisher

Jul 29, 2019
First - Yes I saw these two amazing threads:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/offcial-ftb-server-plugin-thread.19429/
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mcpc-forgeessentials-bukkitforge-bukkit-mods-kind-of.11182/

Unfortunately, it looks like none of those support Unleashed 1.5.2 (they all say 1.4.7).

I am trying to find a way to give players access to the /gamemode command, but in such a way that they can only use it on themselves. I have previous experience with PermissionsEX from my days running bukkit but am totally clueless on how to go about doing such a thing for FTB or if it's even possible in 1.5.2. Any info pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.[DOUBLEPOST=1384819119][/DOUBLEPOST]I thought about using command blocks, but since I don't want players to have /tp access it can put them very far away from the command blocks.

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019
Download MCPC+ and get a permissions plugin + Essentials. You can add more if you want.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Essentials isn't needed, you can add bukkit commands /game mode without any plugins other then a permissions plugin, but things like bungee suite, essentials, royalcommands will shorten the command to something like /gm. Also use mcpc, google ing minecraft port central funds the site right away and click 1.5.2 builds. Use mcpc as the server jar just like spigot and you will be good to go with everything.

unafisher

Jul 29, 2019
So I grabbed mcpc-plus-1.5.2-R1.1-forge738-B649 from the MCPC website and replaced the FTBServer.jar file with it. After fixing the Java crash things seemed to go well. Thanks!

In case anybody sees this in the future and hits a "OutOfMemoryException: PermGen Space" crash in Java the solution was to add "-XX:MaxPermSize=128M" to the launch switches. I didn't play with finding the minimal amount of space needed but 128 seems to work and my server has plenty of RAM.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
These will really help out your performance as well, edit Xmx and Xms as needed (must be the same)
Made by- Eyamaz

Code:
-Xms32000m -Xmx32000m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=512m -XX:NewRatio=4 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=0 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=20 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=250 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrentAndUnloadsClasses -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=50 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:Tier0ProfilingStartPercentage=0 -XX:Tier3InvocationThreshold=3 -XX:Tier3MinInvocationThreshold=2 -XX:Tier3CompileThreshold=2 -XX:Tier3BackEdgeThreshold=10 -XX:Tier4InvocationThreshold=4 -XX:Tier4MinInvocationThreshold=3 -XX:Tier4CompileThreshold=2 -XX:Tier4BackEdgeThreshold=8 -XX:TieredCompileTaskTimeout=5000 -XX:Tier3DelayOn=50 -XX:Tier3DelayOff=25 -XX:+UseFastEmptyMethods -XX:-DontCompileHugeMethods -XX:+AlwaysCompileLoopMethods -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+UseNUMA

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019
Essentials isn't needed, you can add bukkit commands /game mode without any plugins other then a permissions plugin, but things like bungee suite, essentials, royalcommands will shorten the command to something like /gm. Also use mcpc, google ing minecraft port central funds the site right away and click 1.5.2 builds. Use mcpc as the server jar just like spigot and you will be good to go with everything.
Why would he get MCPC+ and settle for the vanilla commands? xD

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
You want mcpc/ spigot over the ftb jar because it makes the server load faster, run smoother, preforme with less lag, because it uses several threads. Standard minecraft and ftb just use 1 thread greatly limiting preformance.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks everybody for the help. I've got MCPC/Essentials/PermissionsEX/WorldEdit/WorldGuard all up and running with FTB Unleashed now!

I should make like a copy paste in ssh thing to start a server of any type instantly. Would save lots of people some time.