People can't join my FTB Server

mich356c

Jul 29, 2019
Heyo,

People can't join my FTB server, but they can join every other server (Like Vanilla or CraftBukkit) that I host.
Is there any ports other than the standard MC ones to forward? Or do you have any idea why this happens?
I can join it with localhost, but that is all ...

I am hosting the server with the port 25568, since I have others running at 25565-25567.

Other stuff that might be important
Server type: Dedicated Server
Version: Mindcrack v8.0.1
Modifications: I did not add/remove any mods or anything.
CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor
Ram: 8GB
Motherboard: ASRock 870 Extreme3

Just a quick note, I know almost nothing about FTB. My friends have played it, and they wanted me to start a server. (Not just for them, I wanna join them when I get this to work :p)

- Mitch

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
What error are your users getting when they try to join? Have you added any additional mods to the mindcrack pack? Oops just saw you said you hadn't added any.

Also as an aside if that's the right link then you are using Mindcrack v8.0.1 (might be worth just checking your users are using this version of Mindcrack)

mich356c

Jul 29, 2019
What error are your users getting when they try to join? Have you added any additional mods to the mindcrack pack? Oops just saw you said you hadn't added any.

Also as an aside if that's the right link then you are using Mindcrack v8.0.1 (might be worth just checking your users are using this version of Mindcrack)
It's just saying "Can't reach server" in the server list, and thanks I'll add that version to the post :p

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's a stupid question, but have you allowed that port to allow incoming connections in Windows Firewall (if you have this enabled)?

mich356c

Jul 29, 2019
If I create a Vanilla or CraftBukkit server on that port, it works just fine. Take that as a yes. :p

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Can you reach the server with an other pc within the same local lan? if not there is a config or firewall mistake. If you can it's a port mistake

mich356c

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot test that until tomorrow. Let's just pretend then I can join it, what would we do next?

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Just another stupid thought came to me, you have updated the server.properties file with the correct port as opposed to the default?

Also are your user's connecting via an IP address or a URL?

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot test that until tomorrow. Let's just pretend then I can join it, what would we do next?

Just another stupid thought came to me, you have updated the server.properties file with the correct port as opposed to the default?

Also are your user's connecting via an IP address or a URL?

Those fall together :) normally you don't need to enther an IP only the port the server should be running on in your properties IF your portforwarding is done correctly and your server has a fixed ip-adres (either by entering manual or fixed by DHCP reservartion)

mich356c

Jul 29, 2019
Took this from the hosting machine: http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=files/10/5d/105dadcde7b1881dc98af4e5db37639b.png
(Btw don't mind the server description ....)

Yes I updated the sever.properties
My users usually connects with the URL cause that is the easiest to remember. But using the IP doesn't work either.[DOUBLEPOST=1359478744][/DOUBLEPOST]
Those fall together :) normally you don't need to enther an IP only the port the server should be running on in your properties IF your portforwarding is done correctly and your server has a fixed ip-adres (either by entering manual or fixed by DHCP reservartion)
Well you do have to type the port, if it's anything else than 25565.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
the screen is made on the server itself i see (localhost is green :p), I was more referring to an other computer on the locallan if he can connect by internal IP (the 192 ip)

PS. i did write about the port :p

mich356c

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I tested it out, and I can't join it with the internal IP either.
So it is a config or firewall mistake?

I disabled my firewall, and that worked!
Then I enabled it again, and added the ports 25565-25568 to that list thingy, so they get accepted or w/e.
Now it doesn't work, so I suppose it was the wrong ports. What ports could it be?

EDIT: More info...

Dekar

Jul 29, 2019
So, you narrowed it down to the Firewall causing the issue?

Is it set to allow everything on those ports, like both packet types, etc? You may have to look into issues with the firewall for further troubleshooting to have the proper settings to allow full traffic on those ports if that is the case.

mich356c

Jul 29, 2019

Is it set to allow everything on those ports, like both packet types, etc? You may have to look into issues with the firewall for further troubleshooting to have the proper settings to allow full traffic on those ports if that is the case.
Ok I'll try again :) Thanks

mich356c

Jul 29, 2019

Unfortunately, that didn't work either :/ I may just disable the firewall?

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Some firewalls are rather buggy, not sure where this firewall is on your server? on your router? do you have a router at all?

mich356c

Jul 29, 2019
Some firewalls are rather buggy, not sure where this firewall is on your server? on your router? do you have a router at all?
On my server, and yes I heff(...) a router. What should I be aware of if I disable the firewall?