Peat Creepers...

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
I've been thinking about making creepers Drop Peat and having a 1 in 50 chance of dropping Sulphur (Minus its normal Gunpowder Drop, making it so you have to craft it). I wanted to ask, Since I haven't messed around with Forestry in awhile. How overpowered would a Creeper Farm for Peat-Fired engines be? Because I'm thinking up there.

Edit/Update:
How I have it currently:
Creepers drop Sulfur.
Creepers have a 1 in 3 chance to drop Peat Moss.
Creepers have a 1 in 50 chance to drop Gunpowder.

Last edited:

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
*Braces for all the noobs asking "Wut ez peet*

In all seriousness, that would be an overpowered mid-game source of power and possible end game if you overkill it. Perhaps they could drop something that has to be processed into peat?

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
*Braces for all the noobs asking "Wut ez peet*

In all seriousness, that would be an overpowered mid-game source of power and possible end game if you overkill it. Perhaps they could drop something that has to be processed into peat?
Any suggestions? Or should I just backout of this whole Idea. I've already backed out for now.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Good question on the material.. some sort of plant matter that you can add with sand and dirt to make peat.. like moss.. I can't remember the name of moss spanghum moss or some such is used in peat processing.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Good question on the material.. some sort of plant matter that you can add with sand and dirt to make peat.. like moss.. I can't remember the name of moss spanghum moss or some such is used in peat processing.
Yeah sphagnum. I guess it could add more worth to sand. I still feel like It needs more though I'm unsure.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get how this would be OP in the slightest, you would probably get more power out of the gunpowder drops... Peat engines are the least OP thing I can think of.

But just a question, why are you trying to do this I'm curious?

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get how this would be OP in the slightest, you would probably get more power out of the gunpowder drops... Peat engines are the least OP thing I can think of.

The closest relative IRL to a Creeper is Peat Moss, Thought meh maybe they are made out of it and are just Intelligent. It's more of a personal meh why not thing than anything.

How I have it currently:
Creepers drop Sulfur.
Creepers have a 1 in 3 chance to drop Peat Moss.
Creepers have a 1 in 50 chance to drop Gunpowder.

Peat Moss is a new item that can be crafted with Dirt and Sand to make Peat.

I think with them dropping Sulfur instead of Gunpowder it adds more a nice way to increase the cost of all things requiring Gunpowder but it also has a chance to drop Gunpowder making it so when you make a Creeper Farm you will have a somewhat steady supply of Gunpowder making Gunpowder a later game item. The Peat Moss is for Early Game natural power generation.

Should I re-raise the Peat Moss chance?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Aaah I see, well I certainly wouldn't have thought of it;) and if it gets a noob to use something other than charcoal I'm all for it!

Nah 1 in 3 sounds ok with the rate you can generate mobs these days

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Aaah I see, well I certainly wouldn't have thought of it;) and if it gets a noob to use something other than charcoal I'm all for it!

Nah 1 in 3 sounds ok with the rate you can generate mobs these days
I see that I worded it wrong, I ment more like its currently 1 in 3 to 1 in 25.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019

Can't you put peat in boilers?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Will have to fiddle with drop chances to see when it becomes useful but not OP. In solid fuel boilers, yip! Doesn't give much heat tho so still miles away from OP