PC Shut Down after few hours

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
L

Lucian95

Title PC Shut Down after few hours

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack Sky Factory

Modpack version 2.5.4

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/96ee4803

Details of the issue well...everytime when i play sky factory after few hours (like 2 or 3) my pc shut down without reason, first time was happend only on single player, so i started to play in multiplayer, and unfortunately i get the same thing, i don't know what to do anymore.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Can we have your system specs? Are there any error messages? Does the computer beep at all? Does it feel hot when it shuts off?

st753m

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds a lot like my experience with overheating computers. If its a desktop, try clearing out all of the dust and making sure the fans are all still working, then make sure the computer is somewhere with plenty of room around it for airflow, and see if the problem continues.

Reactions: DeathOfTime
L

Lucian95

this are my system specs

Attachments

• pc dt.jpg
    pc dt.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 33

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
WARNING: I am not responsible for any damage that you might cause to your PC, house, the universe, and everything by following the advice I give. Following it is likely to void any warranty provided by others.(going to make this a signature. So much more straightforward then my old one.)

If you are comfortable with it:
Check for airflow:
Check around the pc Case for proper airflow.
Make certain none of the vents on the case are clogged or obstructed.
Take a look at your fans and heat sinks. Check for dust. Especially, but not limited to, the CPU, GPU, and PSU's.
If all those seem fine try removing the CPU heat sink and remounting it with a completely new application of thermal paste. Also might want to make sure the PC is getting enough electricity.

If you aren't comfortable with doing maintenance on your computer find some you trust or research a reputable dealer. Either way expect to be paying out a fair bit for repairs.

Okay that's one question answered, what about my other three?
I'll just go ahead any make assumptions and tell them what it likely isn't. At least if they break their computer it was their fault for trusting me, and I can't be held responsible.

Edit:
Is it the PC shutting down or the game crashing? that looks more like a crash. Looks NEI related.
What are you doing when the crash happens?

Would you be willing to link to a paste of the client latest log? and if the server crashes the latest log in it. They are rather large log files. I would recommend filling in the full paste form before pasting the log into it. Might be a good idea to make certain the confirm button is visible as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: erindalc