Windows .exe PC Can't Handle FTB?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

zrt223

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so to start my PC, in my honest opinion, is not the greatest for gaming, but I think it should at least run FTB faster than it currently does. I log onto the 1.6.4 Horizons Modpack and load SSP and I can barely move and it lags a ton. I can provide PC Specs, but really i would like an in depth tutorial on how to fix this or a link please. I'm not the most technical guy so please try and be as specific when describing what to do. Also, I cannot afford a new PC right now (reason why I am posting this), or else I would buy one. It would just be nice if some kind-hearted soul out there could help me out and get me running and playing FTB at a somewhat reasonable rate, at least so I can move and build. Thanks so much for any support!

PS: Again please I do not want to buy or can afford to buy a new PC at the moment so avoid any comments involving that unless it is my only option.

PSS: I do not record or run on any type of texture / resource pack so that is not the problem, also i run on the absolute lowest settings including Max FPS, Render Distance Tiny, Fast Graphics, ect.

Also, I only have one graphic card at the moment and yes it is the one that is in-bedded in my PC unfortunately.

Last edited:

zrt223

Jul 29, 2019
Please reply I would just like to be able to play FTB with less lag and better fps, any contributions would be helpful.

romrider07

Jul 29, 2019
Please post your PC specs, if you don't mind, I can't really say how or what to do, if I have no idea what I'm looking at. ^_^

zrt223

Jul 29, 2019
Alright will do. Again I am not so technical with PC's so I might include all the specs you need.

Last edited:

zrt223

Jul 29, 2019
My bad. . . it was suppose to say will do (meaning i will post the specs) and the again part what that I am not that technical with pc's[DOUBLEPOST=1386909356][/DOUBLEPOST]OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Inspiron N5110
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 5.91 GB
Available Physical Memory 3.92 GB
Total Virtual Memory 11.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 9.49 GB

Not sure if this is all you need, and yes it is not the greatest PC building up money to buy another, but if possible I would like to just fix this one to run the game better.

Finishigor

Jul 29, 2019
Could be the modpack that have problems, or you have to clean your computer from crap. A friend have massive lag with FTB before, but i told him to clean the drive and search for virus. And that worked for him.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
opis as some user say uses much ram maby if you disable that mod you could play better also how much ram dit you allocate?

zrt223

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to Finishgor I will attempt to clean my PC as best as possible. Also, thanks Lenscas for the help and I will try to disable Opis, and I allocated about 4 GB's, is that too much or too little.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Thanks to Finishgor I will attempt to clean my PC as best as possible. Also, thanks Lenscas for the help and I will try to disable Opis, and I allocated about 4 GB's, is that too much or too little.

I would allocate 2gb not 4gb because according to your system info you only 4gb free.

Your cpu is a very low end one and won't run ftb that great. You also said that your gfx card is integrated which again won't help playing games as integrated cards are usually very poor for gaming.

If you disable some of the more intensive mods like biomes 'o' plenty and maybe some others then it may run better. There is also a new lite pack coming that may work better for you.