Parahumans RP OOC and signup

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
So, I was thinking it'd be great if I set us up a good old-fashioned forum RP.

Now, for those new to RPing:

Essentially RPing is like a collectively-written story. Everyone makes a character, and writes about what they do and say with themselves and other characters. Comprende?

Anyway, this thread's to determine if people are interested in the genre and style I'm thinking of, but first, some ground rules:

1) You must write at least one paragraph (five sentences).
2) Writing must be coherent, with good grammar.
3) No controlling the action's of others, this is called powerplaying.
4) No perfect characters, these are called Mary Sues / Gary stus. Flawed characters are more interesting to play!
5) No godmodding! This is something like either ignoring or negating the actions of others, or randomly making your char. uber-powerful because you say so.
6) Kind of like rule three, but no controlling the reactions of others, either, like saying "X stabs Y in the gut, killing Y" rather than saying "X stabs the knife at Y's gut, attempting to kill Y" which is much, much better.

So, for anyone unwilling to follow those rules, bugger off :p

For those willing... read on...

The timing works as such:

Each REAL LIFE day equates to a third of one RP day. So, the RL day I set it up, it will be morning in-game. The day after that, afternoon. The day after that, evening. The day after that will be the next day in the RP, so morning again.

This will be a superhero RP, with a difference. How it normally goes is that the GM gives a setting, and everyone's a superhero within that setting, they pick a power, whatever.
Yes, the GM will give a setting, but in this one, the GM decides what powers you get, AFTER you make your characters, in fact a fairly short period of time after the RP starts.
The setting will be modern London, though I will be adding in toher parts like villains, etc.

"Capes" (the collective term for anyone with a superpower, no matter their inclination) are classified as such:

Blaster - the ability to shoot a projectile, e.g. laser blasts
Brute - anything that allows you to do high melee damage, e.g. super strength
Striker - any power that relies on touch, e.g. healing hands
Tinker - a power that increases your aptitude with a particular science, e.g. a computer tinker that ccanna hack anything
Thinker - any mental power, e.g. precognition (most forms of this power will not be available to most players, due to it exploitability)
Shaker - a power that allows you to manipulate the environment, e.g. earthquake generation
Mover - any movement-based power, e.g. super speed
Breaker - a power that changes how he laws of physics apply to them, often to protect from their own powers, e.g. invincibility
Changer - an ability allowing you to change yourself or others, e.g. shapeshifting
Stranger - any ability that changes people's perceptions of you, e.g. perceptual invisibility
Trump - powers that affect other powers, e.g. power stealing

Each one can be rated on a 1-10 scale, 10 being immensely powerful.

Yes, these are based on powers in the webseries worm.

Character sheet:

Appearance(Picture preferred):

Name:

Sexuality:

Talents:

Personality (one paragraph minimum):

Backstory (one paragraph minimum):

Current occupation:

Extra:

Last edited:

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
Maaaaaybe. Maybe. If it turns out well, then I'll keep playing, and I'm willing to try it, but no guarantees that I'll stay, cause forum RPs aren't usually my thing.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I would give it a shot

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Perhaps.

Alright, this'll be enough people, but I won't stop accepting until we get a fair few people.

If you could all send me character sheets, here's the form:

Name:

Sexuality:

Talents:

Personality (one paragraph minimum):

Backstory (one paragraph minimum):

Current occupation:

Extra:

Reactions: Qazplm601

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
By the way, please PM the char. sheets, THEN post them when we're done discussing them.

Also, if you want to become a villain, a selfish character, or one who'd be tipped over the edge, would be ideal.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry was sleeping when you posted that I will get on it

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
By the way guys, I believe I neglected to mention, humans only.

Also, these are the first superheroes the world has ever seen, so no superhero parents or whatever.

Reactions: Qazplm601