Bug packs don't run

F

finvarra

I have a problem, I just format my pc. I install curse, install java 7u79 (64bit) and any modpack run...
I think the problem was the java 8.
what can I do??

[13:17:41] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[13:17:41] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:372) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:344) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
On the launcher go to options then click the force update button, then launch the modpack.

F

finvarra

sorry but, where is it???
I have 7.1.60824323beta, "curse is up to date"

E

EODCrafter

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:372) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
Change your java version, It looks as if your launcher is looking for Java 8 and you said you don't have it. BTW, I have Java 8 101 and it works fine.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Change your java version, It looks as if your launcher is looking for Java 8 and you said you don't have it. BTW, I have Java 8 101 and it works fine.
Curse uses the vanilla launcher which comes with its own version of java that it uses.

Make a backup of all the worlds you have (and want to keep) and reinstall the pack and hope it works. With the FTB-launcher there is a force update button which but curse does not yet have that.

E

EODCrafter

Curse uses the vanilla launcher which comes with its own version of java that it uses.

Make a backup of all the worlds you have (and want to keep) and reinstall the pack and hope it works. With the FTB-launcher there is a force update button which but curse does not yet have that.
Curse has Java embedded in it's Launcher? I don't think so. You simply click on options and change it to whatever you want. Maybe we are talking about some different Launcher here? Here's a screen shot...
Screenshot from 2016-08-28 19-11-29.png

F

finvarra

Curse has Java embedded in it's Launcher? I don't think so. You simply click on options and change it to whatever you want. Maybe we are talking about some different Launcher here? Here's a screen shot...

I don't have that launcher. I use curse.... I will look for that.

I am using "vanilla" launcher of minecraft, and copy the folder from curse, and run fine... :confused:

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
View attachment 29433
That is the ftb launcher, not curse. Also, you don't need to try and download curse, it does not exist for Linux (Looking at the path I can see you either use mac or Linux and looking at the titlebar I guess you use Ubuntu :) )

Reactions: Padfoote
E

EODCrafter

That is the ftb launcher, not curse. Also, you don't need to try and download curse, it does not exist for Linux (Looking at the path I can see you either use mac or Linux and looking at the titlebar I guess you use Ubuntu :) )
I switch back and forth between Ubuntu and Windows 10, My Server runs in Ubuntu Server and I just like to experiment. I have a link for the Launcher (All 3 Versions) on my webpage, ad free as they suggested. http://eodcraft.com ... (If it's up ... it's only a part time Server.)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I switch back and forth between Ubuntu and Windows 10, My Server runs in Ubuntu Server and I just like to experiment. I have a link for the Launcher (All 3 Versions) on my webpage, ad free as they suggested. http://eodcraft.com ... (If it's up ... it's only a part time Server.)
???
Ok, first of why do you have a web page to download the ftb launcer from?
Second thing, what has this to do with my anything?
Third thing, the FTB launcher is not the same as the CURSE launcher.
UT9aaeX.png
choosemodversion.png
Go to the download page from ftb itself and click the giant download button. It should download curse instead of ftb so you can see the difference yourself. (Though, again Curse does not exist for Linux)

E

EODCrafter

I'm sorry, I didn't realize these threads are just for two people only, I was just trying to help out OP. Secondly, it's very hard for players to navigate and find the FTB launcher, so I made it easy. I will switch to Windows and try your Launcher, Thanks. Why is it Platform specific, since all this obviously runs in Java? I will leave this thread instead of just confusing people. That actually may be a better Alternative for Players to connect to my Server.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I'm sorry, I didn't realize these threads are just for two people only, I was just trying to help out OP. Secondly, it's very hard for players to navigate and find the FTB launcher, so I made it easy. I will switch to Windows and try your Launcher, Thanks. Why is it Platform specific, since all this obviously runs in Java? I will leave this thread instead of just confusing people.
Sorry,I was confused because you quoted me, thus I taught that it was directed towards me which confused me.

As for why Curse is platform specific, its because curse is not written in Java. But don't worry, they are "exploring" options for Linux users, since the beginning of time itself >_>

E

EODCrafter

It's ok, Windows 10 is just as good as Linux for running a Minecraft Client now....Wasn't always like that. This looks like a much easier way to add my updated ModPak instead of my current way. I guess since Windows bought Mojang they have made improvements :)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
It's ok, Windows 10 is just as good as Linux for running a Minecraft Client now....Wasn't always like that. This looks like a much easier way to add my updated ModPak instead of my current way. I guess since Windows bought Mojang they have made improvements :)
The curse launcher is made by curse and is also available for MAC. It has nothing to do with Microsoft buying Mojang

E

EODCrafter

That was a Jk....I guess they removed the feature where you can install Custom ModPaks with the Curse Launcher. I couldn't find any way to install mine. Thanks anyway, seems like nice Launcher unless you want to add a custom Modpak ran on a custom server.