Problem Overwolf lags me out of everything

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

culekristo

Dec 29, 2020
I can run big games like Black Desert Online and Valorant at 120 fps. I believe the FTB Revelations fps I was getting on 6 Gigs was around 100 as well. My whole computer lags me out and I cannot do anything when I use this stupid overwolf app. Same with the old Twitch app, which is why I always used the legacy launcher which worked perfectly. Is there a workaround so I can just get my ftb life back?

MoparDan

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't had the problems you have, but I do have a bit of a problem in the fact of overwolf is required to be running in order to use the FTB app. I can understand it being required to be installed (due to the partnership with them), but required to be running? It feels a bit....heavy-handed to have that forced apon us, that along with ads being shoved in our face while the game launches. Now, I understand the need of ads to help support FTB and their efforts, but that doesn't mean I have to like it ;)

Sorry for the rant there. What you could do (and what I am considering doing myself), is you could use a 3rd party launcher, like MultiMC, and just copy the files from the FTB install directory into MultiMC, and then you can close out of overwolf/FTB app/etc and only open those up when you want to check for pack updates.

culekristo

Dec 29, 2020
@MoparDan I used to get 100 fps on the game and after waiting for 30 minutes or so to load in (which used to be 10 max) I now have 1-5 fps