Problem Outside connection problems

Acar25

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had trouble with the Xfinity port forwarding recently? I'm able to get ths server up and running no problems and I am able to join, playing from the same PC as the server.
When a friend tries joining from his house, the server was unreachable and sometime get a message "cannot resolve hostname". The hostname error occurred when the address was was in this form: xx.x.xxx.xxx::25565 with 2 colons. I also use my external IP address for the friends to access. And in server.properties the server IP is my desktops IP

The other, larger problem is with my port forwarding and opening.
I have an Xfinity Gateway and within the webapp it says the port for my desktop is forwarded, but using a port checker it says it's not.

I've searched around a lot and have found a couple other forums and articles stating theres is currently a firmware/software problem that there techs are working on.

Side story about Xfinity: I was hung up on 4 times by their support staff. The first 2 people didn't even know what port forwarding was. The 3rd was reading off of a google search I could tell. The 4th one was the only competent person. He seemed to know what he was talking about but he disconnected within 2 minutes and he never called back like they do when they lose you.

Anyways, has anyone had problems with port forwarding on Xfinity gateways? Any problems you seen with my ip address setup? I just really want to get this working again. Playing the FTB Ultimate Reloaded and its amazing so far.