Others unable to see server as running, unable to connect

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

TunaFeesh

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Others unable to see server as running, unable to connect
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Departed
Modpack Version:
1.2.0 for MC 1.7.10
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
(I'm fairly new to FTB and mods in general, so please bare with me.)

So, I run a vanilla server off of my desktop computer, of which I also play Minecraft. Me and my friend play there and can connect just fine. But lately we both got FTB. I decided to make a server for us to play on, using the same IP and same port (25565) as the vanilla server. Don't worry, I never run them at the same time. But, my friend couldn't connect when I ran it. It would sit there pinging then go to the red x and error, "Could not connect". I got them to go onto vanilla Minecraft and see if they could see it as being up, they could, but obviously couldn't connect due to vanilla not having the necessary mods. It always says it's up for me when I'm using FTB or vanilla. I've reinstalled the FTB launcher and Java. What makes it weirder is that they can connect to other FTB servers and can see vanilla servers as up.

Tl;DR- Friend can't connect to my server on the FTB launcher (pings then says can't connect). I can connect. They see it up on vanilla but can't connect because they have no mods.

TunaFeesh

Jul 29, 2019
You did the TCP and the UDP ports?
Yes I forwarded both to 25565.

Edit: I know I did it correctly (unless it's different for FTB) because I use it for my vanilla server which runs fine and my friend can connect using vanilla Minecraft.

Last edited: