Ore Generation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Doesn't the OreDict do that? Most mods use it...
Not the way it should.

Right now mod A can use mod B ingots. But if you process Mod A ore in Mod B, you get mod B ingot.

Imagine for example a mod we will call "mod z" (not a real mod, just an api really). Mod Z has every ore another mod might add in it. Now you have mod A, and it adds let's say copper. Mod A sees that "Z" is installed, and automatically (configs based) turns off its copper generation, and changes all its recipies to use "Z" ingots, and outputs mod "Z" ingots.

Now during world generation, mod A would tell Mod Z how much copper it needs in the world. So does mod B & C & D. Mod Z finds takes those amounts, averages them out, and now we do not have 1k plus copper in a chunk. (Default configs for my pack generated 1.4k copper in one chunk from all the copper ores combined from the different mods. Only five versions of copper. I have 7 mods adding tin, lost count at 1.5k)

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
It's actually better to "hijack" any instance of, say, ingotCopper and force-convert into the version you want, and disable oregen for everything else.

A WorldUnifier mod, if you will.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
That would be nice, but would require a load of asm injection. A lot of people don't like that. And some mods will actually crash your instance to desktop if you do so, or so I've read.

It would be better to have the mod author support it.

Imaging if you had a mod, added all the GT ores as normal ores, along with the functionality of AOBD2, along with pourable, bucketable placeable fluids, that showed up as the default ore/dust/ingot/fluid for every mod. Like how mods handle gold or redstone. They don't add their own gold, they use minecrafts.

Don't use your own ores, use mod Z ores.

If only I knew how to code. Time to learn java.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Back on topic...

Time to try and determine each mods standard ore distribution and then average them out and figure out default ores.

What would be a good metallurgy equivalent of uranium?

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
So for this is what I've come up with for distribution...

hQJrQH

Now to finish up the rest of the configs...

P.S. If any of the mod pack makers would like a chart like this, I'd be more then happy to set it up for you. I'd just need a list of min/max y values. I can pull it off a github automatically if you format it correctly.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Ok, started with redoing the files... Darn not paying attention when moving things around and deleting folders :( A few questions about the code segment below...
Code:
    "template": "uniform",
    "block": [
      { "name": "ElectriCraft:electricraft_block_ore", "metadata": 2, "weight": 80},
      { "name": "Metallurgy:precious.ore", "metadata": 1, "weight": 80},
      { "name": "ProjRed|Exploration:projectred.exploration.ore", "metadata": 5, "weight": 80},
      { "name": "factorization:ResourceBlock", "metadata": 0, "weight": 80},
      { "name": "ThermalFoundation:Ore", "metadata": 2, "weight": 80},
      { "name": "IC2:blockOreLead", "metadata": 0, "weight": 20},
      { "name": "ThermalFoundation:Ore", "metadata": 3, "weight": 20},
      { "name": "Railcraft:ore",  "metadata": 11, "weight": 20}
IF I generate a 100 block cluster, will that make it 80/20 for Silver/Lead? What would I need to change to make it that 80/20 ratio. Or is that mainly a guessing game?