Ore Excavater - help needed

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
O

OCDavid

Hi, I'm new to this whole modded thing and I have enjoyed it so far, except for the ore excavater mod. It seems to toggle on and off at random. I just removed most of my base by mistake, playing skyfactory 3.

In the controls menu I see only two buttons relevant to the mod, "excavate" and "shape toggle/edit (ctrl)". I have changed the "excavate" button and that is the one I am using.

So am I doing something wrong, I don't understand why excavate mode is on all the time and sometimes it isn't.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Hi, I'm new to this whole modded thing and I have enjoyed it so far, except for the ore excavater mod. It seems to toggle on and off at random. I just removed most of my base by mistake, playing skyfactory 3.

In the controls menu I see only two buttons relevant to the mod, "excavate" and "shape toggle/edit (ctrl)". I have changed the "excavate" button and that is the one I am using.

So am I doing something wrong, I don't understand why excavate mode is on all the time and sometimes it isn't.
Did you set it to like left click?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Did you set it to like left click?
Dude, not helpful.

My understanding was that you had to hold a button while doing it to trigger the effect; if its toggling then it suggests something is different. Is it possible for you to set it back to defaults and work from there?