Ore Dictionary: A couple of questions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Need to pick the minds of people that are more aware of the minecraft inner gubbins than I am, with a couple of questions.

1) Is there any specific setting / mechanic that chooses what mod versions ore default to? I know if an ore is in the dictionary its use is universal, but I'm a shallow person and I suffer from how things look :p

In short: I HATE how the ores and ingots from IC2 look. I think they look terrible and I prefer the TE3 ones. They look much better in my chests and in barrels and everywhere else in general. I know you can convert them by stuffing them in JABBA barrels, but it's just a nuisance. My game insists on defaulting nearly every dust and ingot to the IC2 ones when not using TE3 machines, and I wondered if there's some setting that defaults stuff to the TE3 version.

2) Is there an easy way to add ores to the dictionary? Some non-included mods add their own versions of ores, and although most of the time they have the same name and purpose, they're not interchangeable so I wanna know how I can tinker with the dictionary myself.

Feedback appreciated :D

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
1) and 2) are probably possible with Minetweaker

For 1) you could change the furnace recipes for the dusts to output the TE versions of ingots
For 2) you can directly add and remove entries

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
If jabba is in, pop a TE ingot in the barrel then all the ic2 ingots. That has worked for me with a lot of ores. Though I keep forgetting to keep a ingot around. Incase I need to change the ore back.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Yeah I know the whole Jabba barrel thing as I said in my OP, but it becomes a nuisance after a while.

Whatever version of ore I throw in the AE2 grinder, or the vanilla furnace (I'm on a new map) gets spat out as IC2 dusts and ores, and they're fugly.

Last edited: