Optifine for FTB?

Should Optifine be Added to Feed The Beast?

• Total voters

shinyisgood259

Jul 29, 2019
Recently, I have tried FTB and had a bunch of lag. My computer is horrible but I would still like the most fps possible. I try to download optifine by putting the .zip file in jarmods and mods. It says it's installed but every time I open a world it crashes. Is there any way to fix this? And for the future, are there any plans of adding optifine to the modpack somehow?

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I think it has something to do with the FTB team not able to get the creator's permission or else, the FTB team is not wanting to force people to use Optifine over another texture or graphics pack being the reason why we haven't seen Optifine being added to FTB. I still want it to be in the mod pack too though.

Graeme97

Jul 29, 2019
The reason Optifine isn't in the pack is that the mod author won't give his permission to use it in the packs. Simple as that.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
This has been hashed and rehashed many times. Allow me to give you the synopsis:

1) Optifine Mod Author doesn't want it included in ANY mod pack. FTB developers are acquiescing to that request.

2) Download Optifine yourself (it's not that hard, just one link from the forum post), open up your FTB Launcher, select the mod pack, click on the 'edit mods' button, click on the 'Jar' tab, click 'add mod' and navigate to Optifine. Congratulations, it's installed!

3) ???

4) Profit!

shinyisgood259

Jul 29, 2019
This has been hashed and rehashed many times. Allow me to give you the synopsis:

1) Optifine Mod Author doesn't want it included in ANY mod pack. FTB developers are acquiescing to that request.

2) Download Optifine yourself (it's not that hard, just one link from the forum post), open up your FTB Launcher, select the mod pack, click on the 'edit mods' button, click on the 'Jar' tab, click 'add mod' and navigate to Optifine. Congratulations, it's installed!

3) ???

4) Profit!
I open up a world and it crashes. That's what I've been doing.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I open up a world and it crashes. That's what I've been doing.
Crash report pastebins or it didn't happen.

Without seeing a pastebin, I can tell you that the #1 most common reason for this is installing the wrong version. Optifine updated to 1.4.7, but none of the FTB Packs have. Make sure you are using the correct version.

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
That said, even when you get the right version, you'll sometimes get some rather unfortunate glitches - bottom halves of treasure chests not loading, bee chests going invisible, that sort of thing. It's rather temperamental, for some reason.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019

Without seeing a pastebin, I can tell you that the #1 most common reason for this is installing the wrong version. Optifine updated to 1.4.7, but none of the FTB Packs have. Make sure you are using the correct version.

Also ensure you check the forge version it needs vs the one in the pack^^.

shinyisgood259

Jul 29, 2019

Here ya go :3

Attachments

• Crash.txt
    52.6 KB · Views: 74

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, looks like an Optifine/Voxel conflict. That's weird, I'm running Optifine and the Voxel stuffage just fine on MindCrack with MultiMC.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Line 282: INFO: Optifine not detected

Looks like it isn't Optifine at all, or it's just put in the wrong place. Remember, it's a .jar mod, it doesn't go in COREMODS or in mods.

This:
Code:
java.io.IOException: Couldn't get lock for server.log
        at java.util.logging.FileHandler.openFiles(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.logging.FileHandler.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at fq.a(ConsoleLogManager.java:25)
        at com.mumfrey.liteloader.core.LiteLoader.prepareLoader(LiteLoader.java:305)
        at com.mumfrey.liteloader.core.LiteLoader.initLoader(LiteLoader.java:213)
        at com.mumfrey.liteloader.core.LiteLoader.getInstance(LiteLoader.java:161)
        at bch.<clinit>(RenderLightningBolt.java:14)
        at bbu.<init>(RenderManager.java:174)
        at bbu.<clinit>(RenderManager.java:96)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:423)
        at asq.a(SourceFile:56)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:744)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
makes me want to point a finger at whatever mumfrey.liteloader.core is. Is that part of Voxel?

shinyisgood259

Jul 29, 2019
Was able to fix it. Apparently singleplayer was being dumb and I can only play multiplayer. Has something to do with ThaumCraft I believe actually.