Optifine Chunk Loading Problem with Longer Than Far Render Distance

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandantjones

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having massive chunk loading problems with Optifine and FTB Ultimate 1.0.1. When I travel more than a few hundred blocks from where I spawn in upon launching FTB, the chunks just stop loading. I've tried Optifine HD_U_D5, HD_D4, and HD_C3, and they all do the same thing. Forge is at 534 in this version of FTB, so as far as I know, that shouldn't be the problem.

I can recreate this problem in any new world I generate: create new world, switch to creative, fly any direction for a few hundred blocks, and the chunks at a certain point just stop loading. If i land, close FTB, and remove the Optifine zip from instMods, I can fly around as far as I want with no problems.

us7L5K6h.jpg

Here's an imgur album more of the symptoms: http://imgur.com/a/f5i9G

Is it possible I'm just doing something wrong here? Is anyone else experiencing this??

commandantjones

Jul 29, 2019
I just found that if I set my render distance to Far or lower, it seems ok. My pc is pretty strong, so I had been running it at Far+128. The framerate was fine, but apparently any time it's above Far, I'm getting this chunk loading error? Anybody else who is seeing this problem running a longer than Far render distance??

D

Deleted member 39230

I'm having the same issue, only that I put my render distance to tiny and still does this

Status
Not open for further replies.