openperipherals pullItem/pushItem returning nill, always

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
this is driving me really crazy. all I am doing is putting a narcissistic turtle over an arcane table, and trying to grab the output item

Code:
table = peripheral.wrap("bottom")
table.push("up",10,1,1) -- should push output item "up" into the turtle, into first inventory slot

i can get the inventory size, getAllStacks() gives me the item info in all the slots including the output item...i r totally confused. i was able to load items into the table tho, so at least that works.

im running latest peripherals core, lib, addons, computercraft and thaumcraft for 1.6.4

Last edited:

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
yep. works fine with a chest. and i can insert items into the arcane table, and remove the wand. but i cannot remove items once placed, and even tho the output item shows in the output slot (both in gui and in getAllStacks()) i cannot remove them with pushItem. im thinking the turtle needs to know about the what the player has already researched, but i tried giving it a tome of knowledge, it doesnt work if i try to do a .place()...any way for a turtle to 'use' an item in its inventory?

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe you need a real player client to pull crafted items out of the table. In any case, it might be a good idea to rename the table variable to something like arcaneTable. There is already a native library called table in Lua (used for table manipulation).

Are you sure you are referencing the right slot to get the item out?

Also, it might be worth trying this out with a vanilla crafting table and a tinker's crafting station. The crafting product slot might be a bit odd in that maybe the product isn't actually an item until it has finished crafting, and the computercraft code is attempting simply to move items without actually triggering any crafting.

If all else fails, maybe having a golem pulling from the arcane table will work. You could still have the turtle load the items.