Problem Opening my server - Yogcraft

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Vinastrasza

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking to start a server on my pc for my friends and I to play on. I've downloaded the server files, started up the .bat file. Everything looks good. I opened the game and attempted to connect via my IP. I get "connection timed out: connect". Just before I typed this, I was getting "java.net.socketexception: permission denied: connect". I've gone into my router settings and then proceed to get really confused.

I go into the page, find the tab 'Applications and Gaming'. Under this tab, I have more to choose from. 'Port Filtering', 'Port Range Forwarding' (which is, I assume, the one I want), 'Port Range Triggering', and 'DMZ'.

This is what I get when I click Forwarding.
339pp8i.png

Before someone says it, I just installed 64bit java two days ago. Kept getting memory crashes. Also, I can provide specs, but my computer was just build in July, so I highly doubt it's a hardware issue.

Help please? Thank you very much for any assistance you can provide.

DrDurandal

Jul 29, 2019
If you are running the server on the same PC as your client, then YOU would connect on the loopback IP: 127.0.0.1

If you are trying to get players on your home network to join:
1) Make sure windows firewall is allowing connections to Minecraft server.
2) Make sure all players are on the same network and use your local IP (NOT LOOPBACK) for OTHER players.

If you are trying to get players on remote networks (ie: internet) to join:
1) Make sure windows firewall is allowing connections to Minecraft server.
2) Set up port forwarding on your router
3) Make sure OTHER players use your actual internet IP address (google: What is my IP address?) and you use the 127.0.0.1 address.

Hope that helps!