OpenGL error code 3 - Infinity Evolved

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

jorockstar

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
OpenGL error code 3 - Infinity Evolved
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Infinity Evolved
Modpack Version:
1.7 (2.1.3)
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Normaly, I right click the launcher and do run with graphics processor -> high performance NVIDIA, it then loads, i get to the menu then join my server, i get in and after 20 seconds screen turns black, it says that my driver has recovered and a pop up of an opengl error comes up. But the time of this log, i didn't even get to the menu and got the same error. I uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers (359.00), I also uninstalled my oculus drivers and tried something in regedit with the powermizer if a remember correctly. If I don't launch it with high performance NVIDIA, it uses my integrated graphics and i get 9 to 15 fps.

Here are my specs:

Lenovo laptop
Intel Core i7-4710HQ @2.5GHz
16.0GB RAM
1TB SSHD
Intel HD Graphics 4600
NVIDIA GTX 860M 2GB VRAM

jorockstar

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: The only time I got it running correctly is without the ressource pack and then I got 75-90 fps, but as soon as I put back the ressource pack it crashes as said above (I think it was Invictus)

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Issues:
  1. Your on a laptop. You might not actually be able to play.
  2. Your drivers are out of date. These are the latest.
  3. If you trust random people on the internet (Like me) Follow instructions in the spoiler below.
  4. Change the amount of ram you allocate to minecraft:
    • Minimim: 2048
    • Maximum: 4096
    • PermGen: 768
  5. Pastebin and post this log:
    • c:\ftb\FTBInfinity\minecraft\hs_err_pid5348.log

1. Go into your Start Menu and type regedit into the search field.
  2. Navigate to path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft
  3. Right click on the JavaSoft folder and click on New -> Key
  4. Name the new Key Prefs and everything should work.

jorockstar

Jul 29, 2019
1- I didnt have any issues with ftb on my laptop before so i would find it weird that it doesnt work on my laptop
2- No my driver is exactly that one and java is up to date too (not on my laptop right now cant give you the version)
3- I will try, I've already tried something in my registry to fix this issue
4-I am not sure where I can do that. I know i can change the maximum amount in the ftb launcher, but for the min and permgen... Do I have to do a .bat like for the server?
5- I will as soon as I am on my laptop

Edit: Also, yesterday I did a reset to factory settings because I wasnt having issues with ftb only, but even after that I get BSODs VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERRROR
. Should I try to downgrade my graphics driver?

jorockstar

Jul 29, 2019
Update: I have reverted to 353.30 nvidia driver and then opened the pack. Everything went flawlessly the only thing is with the F3 overlay, the memory keeps ramping up extremely rapidly to 2600 in the firsts second, once at 2600 it would go back down to 1200 and keep looping while increasing each time. When i closed the game it was ramping up to 3120 before going back to 1200, but when I got outside of my shelter, the speed at which it was going up slowed down while the memory used was still increased steadily.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Update: I have reverted to 353.30 nvidia driver and then opened the pack. Everything went flawlessly the only thing is with the F3 overlay, the memory keeps ramping up extremely rapidly to 2600 in the firsts second, once at 2600 it would go back down to 1200 and keep looping while increasing each time. When i closed the game it was ramping up to 3120 before going back to 1200, but when I got outside of my shelter, the speed at which it was going up slowed down while the memory used was still increased steadily.

I'm glad you got it to work.

• Set the slider in FTB launcher to 4GB
  • Paste the following into the advance option additional parameters
Code:
-Xms2048m -XX:PermSize=768m

Last edited: