Bug OpenGL Error 8/7

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Arkaria

Jul 29, 2019
I have this issue and I hope someone is able to help me out a little: "The NVIDIA OpenGL driver detected a problem with the display driver and is unable to continue. Error code: 8/7". This happens after a few moments of playing FTB Infinity without any form of texture pack. I have the newest driver. I have tried to change power setup from "Adaptive" to "Prefer max performance". I have tried to increase allowed memory usage. Disabling CUDA, Adding extra scrips for multi GPU, downloading softwares that claim to fix it and reinstalling grphics driver. None have worked... My computer specifications: 16GB RAM 1600 mHz, i5 4670k overlock and Asus 2x GTX770 sli and Windows 7. A picture of the issue can be found below. For more infomation just ask :)

The only "permanent" solution I have found is to disable sli but that requires a restart pretty much which is too annoying

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    60.8 KB · Views: 26
  • OpenGL Error 8.PNG
    OpenGL Error 8.PNG
    43.2 KB · Views: 30

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting this with a non SLI configuration. From the various reports on various forums since 2011 it seems no one has identified the underlying cause. The only constant solution posted is to update your nvidia drivers or, for those on the bleeding edge, Earlier Versions are reported as the solution.

summersa74

Jul 29, 2019
I hit that problem just this past weekend. What fixed it for me was a complete reinstall of the drivers, then I disabled hardware acceleration in Firefox, because I use it for youtube/netflix while I play.

Edit: I see you tried the drivers. Apparently Firefox really loves to use video card resources for fancy effects.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, one thing that does come up a lot, is the error occurs a lot more often if you have any youtube / web video tabs open in your browser of choice.

Arkaria

Jul 29, 2019
It is true that I most likely have a webbroswer open with Youtube. But I have tried to disable hardware acceleration without luck. So should I try not to use youtube or should I try to completely reinstall my graphic drivers or both?

Edit: I do use both Chrome and Firefox