OpenCCSensors

Jukari

Jul 29, 2019
I hope it's included in the ultimate pack. My server wants it, but doesn't like to manually add mods to the packs, so people can easily join. Is there anywhere on these forums, where mods can be suggested to be added to packs, or anything like that?

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
Hi - it looks like I forgot to post the OpenCCSensors 0.1.5c release here.

0.1.5c has been released for minecraft 1.5.1. Quite a few changes in the release:

Applied Energistics is supported by the Inventory sensor
IndustrialCraft2 is supported by the Power and Machines sensor
Universal Electricity is supported by the power sensor
The inventory sensor will now show details of enchanted books (very handy!)

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/5996-151-cc-152-openccsensors/

Reactions: maid450

Avous-

Jul 29, 2019
Hi - it looks like I forgot to post the OpenCCSensors 0.1.5c release here.

0.1.5c has been released for minecraft 1.5.1. Quite a few changes in the release:

Applied Energistics is supported by the Inventory sensor
IndustrialCraft2 is supported by the Power and Machines sensor
Universal Electricity is supported by the power sensor
The inventory sensor will now show details of enchanted books (very handy!)

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/5996-151-cc-152-openccsensors/
Do you know if they are going to be adding your peripheral to any packs?

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
Do you know if they are going to be adding your peripheral to any packs?

There's talk of it being added to Ultimate at some point, but I've no idea if that'll go ahead.[DOUBLEPOST=1368291602][/DOUBLEPOST]OpenCCSensors 0.1.5f has been released.

This is for Minecraft 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 (ComputerCraft 1.52 and 1.53)

Added a "Proximity Sensor Block" which isn't a computercraft related block - It outputs an analogue redstone signal depending on how close an entity is to it. Very very useful for things like automatic doors.

Also added a Crop Sensor Card that can detect the growth status of crops

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/5996-151152-cc-152153-openccsensors/

freact

Jul 29, 2019
I'll just throw my two cents in as well and say that, same as some other users, I would LOVE for this to be included in the ultimate pack.

I'd really like to try out those new proximity sensors

ilja

Jul 29, 2019
I'd also love for this to be included in Ultimate. Right now I'm having issues getting it to work; namely, the API's and program aren't automatically installed. The same is for some reason true for MiscPeripherals too, but that comes in the Ultimate pack and I still can't access the programs.

So, does anyone know where to put the APIs/programs to get to access them from the ROM folder of computercraft computers? Can't find any such folder in my installation, but I can access the standard CC api's such as colors and redstone.

Thanks for any help.

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
That's odd - maybe it's to do with permission settings?

Just extract the lua files to:

/mods/OCSLua/[OCS version number]/ and it should all work.

For example:

/mods/OCSLua/0.1.5i/lua/apis
/mods/OCSLua/0.1.5i/lua/programs

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
-----

Good news - OpenCCSensors 0.1.5i is in the beta 1.5.2 FTB pack.

This release isn't the very very latest, but it's near enough. The two existing issues in the 0.1.5i release are:

1) Sensor turtles don't show in the creative tab, however they ARE craftable
2) The sign sensor isn't craftable - however, you can spawn it in

Aside from that, everything else is fully up to date

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
The latest 1.5.2 beta release has the very latest OpenCCSensors. :)

On a side note,

I'm sure most other mods suffer from this - but I've noticed OpenCCSensors files pop up on dodgy russian sites, with a larger file size than the actual release.

Please always make sure you download any mod from a source that you trust, so either an official thread, a well known launcher, or if you know how just compile it yourself.

cheers!

Ross B

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to dig up an older thread, But is there a way to get the proximity block working on 1.4.7? If so, How would you?

If this is not possible, What is the correct getTarget term in lua to allow only players and not animals or monsters to work with a proximity card? I have found a few codes bouncing around to give me an idea, But they all seem to allow only one player to activate a redstone signal. http://pastebin.com/qYCCutyD is an example.

vScourge

Jul 29, 2019
I did something like this recently in 1.4.7 (OCS 0.1.4), with a proximity sensor card. I wanted it to go off when players were near, but not when other entities came by (mobs, golems, etc). Here's what worked for me (not the full program):

Code:
local radius = 10
local player_nearby = false
local targets = prox_sensor.getTargets( )
for k, v in pairs( targets ) do
        if distance( v.Position ) < radius then
                local details = prox_sensor.getTargetDetails(k)
                if details['Gamemode'] ~= nil then
                        player_nearby = true
                        break
                end
        end
end

It just looks for the "Gamemode" key in the details table. Only players have that key.