OpenCCSensors

Aubron

Jul 29, 2019
Open source plugin for computercraft adding functionality similar to that of CCSensors for 1.2.5
http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/5996-146-cc-148-openccsensors

Allows for turtles to collect and use information pertaining to:

Inventories - Returns information and what is in every slot and how many there are. This isnt just chests, but covers most (all?) machines with an input slot (for example.. if I get information about macerators I can see what's in each slot, as well as any upgrades in there)
Players/Living Entities - returns almost any stat about a living entity that you could ever dream of!
IC2 Reactors - Heat, Max Heat, Output and IsActive - also works with reactor chambers (it pulls information about the reactor its attached to)
IC2 Cables - Energy Conducted
IC2 Energy storage (batbox, mfsu.etc.) - Stored, Capacity, Output
Buildcraft engines - Active, Heat, IsBurning, Piston Speed, Energy, Max Energy (not fully tested)

The Sensors can be used as peripherals or crafted with the turtles.

Fills the gap left by CCSensors, allowing turtles to automate and regulate buildcraft powerplants, display IC2 energy networks on monitors, etc.

I think it's a really great mod, maintained by one of the admins of the CC Forum.

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
can you also get the slots range for a certain side (with ISidedInventory)?
At the moment we only support IInventory, not ISidedInventory[DOUBLEPOST=1358170524][/DOUBLEPOST]Some new features I've been working on lately, which'll hopefully be in the next release:

These are gauges that you can just stick onto any block, and the system will try to retrieve a progress/stat report.

CRVHL.png

These are meant for users who don't really know how to program lua, but want to get started. They can either just put theses onto their machines for a nice display, or put a computer next to them to have a bit more control over them. The kinda stats they report are: MFSU levels, nuclear heat levels, how full inventories are, mass fab progress..etc..

Programming optional. :)

This is only a temporary texture/model and may change to something a bit more exciting in future.

Another feature is being able to read pixel data for any map within an inventory you scan, which means you can start to do stuff like this:

Ht3tr.png

Of course, you have to code it all yourself! But hopefully it'll allow people to start making some interactive control panels for their bases, especially now that computercraft has touch screen monitors.

Hopefully/maybe these'll make it into the next release! :)

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
Haha, this looks AWESOME, I always wanted a thing like CCSensors, but nowhere near as glitchy, haha. (In Tekkit, the original CCSensors was a crash a minute.)

Hope Dire puts it into his modpack, heh. Seems too awesome to NOT put in, especially when you can just display EU and inventory statuses on a huge monitor.
Sure beats my current system having 8 battery blocks (haven't decided on BatBox or MFE, low on materials) have "Output redstone when not empty" and just linking that to a computer, and displaying based on the redstone.

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
Updated the wiki with a lot of new information. http://www.computercraft.info/wiki/OpenCCSensors

Most interesting is probably the ridiculous amount of machines the Tank sensor card supports. It's not just tanks, but any machine that has an internal tank.

In the next version I think we're going to be renaming the buildcraft sensor card to a generic power sensor card (which'll read BC energy, ic2 energy, TE..etc..), and rename the IC2 card to a machine sensor card.

Reactions: Poppycocks

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
Mind if I just hijack this thread for OpenCCSensors related stuff? ;-) seems silly to make a new thread for it..

Just made a simple application using the ic2 card and the gauge peripheral..

Reactions: Cirom

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019

Sorry for the low quality. :)

This is a simple program showing off the tank sensor, which can work on any tank, but also any machine that has internal tanks, so most of the forestry ones, thermal expansion ones..etc.. :)

Aubron

Jul 29, 2019

Sorry for the low quality. :)

This is a simple program showing off the tank sensor, which can work on any tank, but also any machine that has internal tanks, so most of the forestry ones, thermal expansion ones..etc.. :)

That's the coolest. If you want me to replace the body of the first post with something you write that's more descriptive I'd be more than willing to do that, btw.

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
0.1.4c released with a minor bug fix.

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/5996-147-cc-15-openccsensors/

Now actively working on 0.1.5, for minecraft 1.5. Already added support for Universal Electricity, and i'll be adding support for a lot more mods once they release their 1.5 versions.

Here's the WIP of version 0.1.5, showing off the gauges running against universal electricity blocks, as well as displaying how full a chest is.

I'd *love* to see OpenCCSensors in FTB one day. :)

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard it though the grapevine that there's a chance it'll be included in Ultimate pack sometime soon. However, I can't confirm that.

I hope it does!

Oh, it's also in the PAX pack, being used for the pax map, if you want to have a little play with it alongside some other mods in the meantime.