OpenBlocks Sprinklers question.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
I have two sprinklers set up on a Forestry crop farm. Can I add more sprinklers for faster production or does the modifier of faster growth not stack?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I believe someone replied on other thread that the sprinkler mimics the effect of rain so having more affecting the same area will not do more.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
well, if you have a sprinkler going on just plain grass, it takes a bit of time before it produces new grass/flowers (I did a build like this), so perhaps increasing the amount of sprinklers may shorten the time when that bonemeal effect happens...
quickest way is to test it yourself. have one area with 1 sprinkler, and one area with 4 sprinklers. let both areas run for about 10 minutes, with both of them having a MFR harvester. afterwards check which area produced more drops. if the difference is very small, then using more then 1 sprinkler does not do much...

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
Multiple sprinkers do not stack, however the growth effect from other mods/items will stack (at least in my observations).

dakamojo

Jul 29, 2019
It seems like sprinklers should stack. Every tick, each sprinkler gets a random number and based on that random number decides if it should fertilize a block of land. It then randomly picks a block of land. So if you have two sprinklers side by side, it seems like you have doubled your chances that a block will be fertilized. You get two rolls of the dice each tick.