OpenBlocks Graves disabled on purpose?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
We like graves.

Gives players on my server a respectable fear of death, without the ragequits.

Updated to 1.0.9 yesterday, and graves don't work.

Made ultra sure that openblocks.cfg has graves enabled to true both server and client side.

Now browsing through the config file a little further, I find this:

# The id of the grave block
I:blockGraveId=0

Any specific reasons? :/

Is it bugged therefore forced off?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
We like graves.

Gives players on my server a respectable fear of death, without the ragequits.

Updated to 1.0.9 yesterday, and graves don't work.

Made ultra sure that openblocks.cfg has graves enabled to true both server and client side.

Now browsing through the config file a little further, I find this:

# The id of the grave block
I:blockGraveId=0

Any specific reasons? :/

Is it bugged therefore forced off?

I believe it was indeed bugged. I can't remember what the problem was anymore though... it may have been that graves started spawning while their configuration was turned off.
so the block id was switched to 0 to completely disable the gravestone

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I believe it was indeed bugged. I can't remember what the problem was anymore though... it may have been that graves started spawning while their configuration was turned off.
so the block id was switched to 0 to completely disable the gravestone
Oh man. There's gonna be some real unhappy people.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently, there's a conflict with some other mod which means that the graves correctly stop your items from popping out everywhere but do not store your items on death.

Meaning that every death guarantees you'll lose all your items.

Should be easy enough to test whether it affects your particular setup.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Actually it's working a charm. Tested it serveral times, me and other players, and we always got our stuff back.

What I'm noticing to be buggy however (not anything to do with OpenBlocks) is leaf decay. They're on hyperdrive! Chop down a tree, even with a normal axe, and all leaves decay nearly instantly!

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
I've a memory that someone mentioned that the leaf thing is intentional, but I don't recall anyone explaining the reason for it. There's a setting somewhere...

It may or may not be worth noting that graves won't always spawn - say you go for a dive in the void. Typically in these cases you'd've otherwise expected to lose all your items anyway, but it's worth bearing in mind.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've a memory that someone mentioned that the leaf thing is intentional, but I don't recall anyone explaining the reason for it. There's a setting somewhere...

It may or may not be worth noting that graves won't always spawn - say you go for a dive in the void. Typically in these cases you'd've otherwise expected to lose all your items anyway, but it's worth bearing in mind.

I believe it's Random Things which adds the fast decaying of leaves

Random Things said:
Version 1.8.9 [12.01.2013]:
- Added: FastLeaveDecay as a config option (Enabled by default,Seems to work with most modded leaves (Except Forestrys))
- Modified: The Ender Porter now has a block slot that allows you to change its appereance
- Fixed: Gendustry Recipes with glass will now work again

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
One of the problems with the graves at one point---this may have been fixed---is that it wouldn't necessarily create the gravestone on the same level you died. If your gravestone appeared in a cave beneath where you died it would simply appear to have taken all your items and not created a stone. ;)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I am yet to find a gravestone at the place that I died when we've had it enabled..

Sometimes I find it within 10 blocks above or below, but otherwise it's in a cave randomly somewhere..

Reactions: Not_Steve

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I am yet to find a gravestone at the place that I died when we've had it enabled..

Sometimes I find it within 10 blocks above or below, but otherwise it's in a cave randomly somewhere..

probably your body was still moving after you died and finally collapsed like 10km from the place where you died ;)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
probably your body was still moving after you died and finally collapsed like 10km from the place where you died ;)
I was going to go with the theory that I was so holy, that even my dead body can't have a grave near it.
Should have laid off the glowing water... >.>