OpenBlocks Building Guide

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Minnesota Jeff

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there folks,

As some may know I play on the Direwolf20 pack using version 1.2.1 and Minecraft 1.7.10.

Awhile back I discovered the Building Guide and I played around with it but never built anything with it. Then a few months back I pulled the Guide out and was ready to use it to put up a new building for some mod I was working (Thaumcraft I think it was). So I pull out the Building Guide and for whatever reason it was not working and to this day does not. here are some pics to illustrate what I am speaking of:

2015-04-25_19.04.50.png
2015-04-25_19.06.32.png

As you can see here there is nothing happening. In the past when I first discovered the Building Guide it threw up a bunch of clear blocks depending of coarse on what shape I picked clicking on the unit.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I just wish there was a less laggy alternative. I do however LOVE this block. It's A MAZE ING!!!! :p

Linkero

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget, you can also throw a bit of dye onto it to change the color of the blocks that appear. Really helpful when working with glass.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It needs a redstone signal now. Just pop a lever on it.
That is good to hear. I always wanted such a feature. Hated that I could not turn it off without dismantling it completely.

Don't forget, you can also throw a bit of dye onto it to change the color of the blocks that appear. Really helpful when working with glass.
This is especially helpful if you use several Building Guides together and need to be able to tell the difference. For example I used 2x domes and a cylinder to create all my disc habitats of my current world.
Example:
lUCrpuL.png

Linkero

Jul 29, 2019
That is good to hear. I always wanted such a feature. Hated that I could not turn it off without dismantling it completely.

This is especially helpful if you use several Building Guides together and need to be able to tell the difference. For example I used 2x domes and a cylinder to create all my disc habitats of my current world.
Example:
lUCrpuL.png

You're how I found out about it, in that precise post lol. Alas, I never have overlapping guides, bit did notice the pain with glass and a white guide. It's been very useful building on the moon! White guide, white background......*goes to kill a squid*