Open wiki team positions

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
Before you apply
  • Create an account on the wiki
  • Create an account on the forums
  • Install teamspeak
The wiki IRC channel is at #FTB-Wiki on esper.net. We have staff in there almost 24/7.
Formatting and organization (1 member)
You will be granted adminship if you apply for this position to help you do your work. Please do not abuse your privileges.
Requirements:
  • Active, be prepared to commit a good amount of time.
  • Good understanding of the Manual of Style and all content guidelines.
  • Must be active on the wiki IRC or TS channel.
  • Must be familiar with the wiki syntax.
Responsibilities:
  • Organize wiki content and categories.
  • Cleanup community submitted articles.
  • Perform regular maintenance tasks.
  • Draft new content guidelines when appropriate.
  • Tag articles with issues.
To apply, PM Jinbobo, state how you see the future of the wiki and how you will improve the wiki, additional questions may be asked.

Editors (3~5 members)
Requirements:
  • Active, be prepared to commit some amount of time.
  • English level at least CEFR B2 or ILR 3 or native, evaluate yourself by reading the descriptions and see if you match.
  • Be autoconfirmed on the wiki (account is 1 week old and have made 50 edits) OR,
  • PM Jinbobo 1-3 well formatted sample articles that is preferably not present on the official or unofficial wiki.
  • Made at least 50 edits on the wiki.
  • Have read the Manual of Style and all of the content guidelines.
  • Understands how to use common templates.
  • Is willing to research on unfamiliar mods and is familiar with some mods used in ftb.
  • Be active on the wiki IRC or TS channel.
Responsibilities:
  • Create articles.
  • Check community submitted articles and correct them with correct info.
To apply, create a new section on the staff application page, please also include what you wish to work on, please note that we do not work on third party mods/modpacks.

Official translators (max 2 for each language)
Jadedcat insisted the wiki to have translators when the wiki was created, in the end, it turned out to be a bust, all but a few translators went MIA. However, I joined as a translator, so I will recruit translators as well.

Requirements:
  • Active, at least get things done.
  • At least one translated article either sent to me on the forum or created on the wiki, it must be understandable by native speaker of the language you are translating to.
  • Use the translation tool to translate a few pages.
  • English level at least CEFR B2 or ILR 3 or native, evaluate yourself by reading the descriptions and see if you match.
  • Language level at least ILR 4 or (near-)native, evaluate yourself by reading the descriptions and see if you match.
  • Be active on the wiki IRC or TS channel.
Responsibilities:
  • Check & cleanup community submitted translations.
  • Manage your translation project.
  • Tag outdated translations.
  • Translate articles.
  • Provide assistance to other translators.
To apply, create a new section on the staff application page, please also include the language you are going to translate to. Please note that submissions will take longer for translators.

Other positions
If you have past experience with wikis, like bot operating, administration/management, template coding experience etc... You may PM Jinbobo if you wish to apply for another position, please state how you were involved in a past wiki project and what you are good at, depending on what your experience is, you may or may not be accepted.

Current inactive members
If your name is in this list, please report back to Jinbobo ASAP.
  • FunshineX
  • Spasticon
  • Coderj
  • Nessiroj
  • Chrissy
  • Alistaire
Members on the original translation team, please report back to Jinbobo if you are still active, otherwise you will be removed from the translation team without further notice.

Note: Inactive members may be removed from the team without notice.

Last edited:

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
can't create account. I get this error
The user name "DREVL" has been blocked from creation.It matches the following blacklist entry: .*[A-Z]{3}.* <newaccountonly

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
can't create account. I get this error
The user name "DREVL" has been blocked from creation.It matches the following blacklist entry: .*[A-Z]{3}.* <newaccountonly

PM me your email, I'll bypass the blacklist for you.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I've been looking for a good way to get involved around here, and since I love to write (and read about stuff), as well as do web design/content editing...I think this would be a pretty good place for me to get involved.

I am curious though, I am interested in Formatting and Organization (since I do webdesign I enjoy this type of thing) but I'm also interested in editing as well. Is doing both possible?

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
I've been looking for a good way to get involved around here, and since I love to write (and read about stuff), as well as do web design/content editing...I think this would be a pretty good place for me to get involved.

I am curious though, I am interested in Formatting and Organization (since I do webdesign I enjoy this type of thing) but I'm also interested in editing as well. Is doing both possible?

That would be even better. ;)

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Hey, uh... I go onto the apps page, but there's nowhere I can post...

I can PM you instead if that works, I'm interested in being a french translator.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Also, I have this problem when making an account:

The user name "The j485" has been blocked from creation.It matches the following blacklist entry: .*[0-9]{2}.* <newaccountonly>.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I have this problem when making an account:

The user name "The j485" has been blocked from creation.It matches the following blacklist entry: .*[0-9]{2}.* <newaccountonly>.

Can you PM me your email so I can bypass the blacklist for you?

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
Your username is probably triggering the blacklist. Pm me your email and your desired username, I'll bypass the blacklist for you.