Open Peripheral and Modems

Tornado3019

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm wondering how to use Open peripheral with modems and wireless modems for my base, so I can have all my power levels displaying on my glasses. Help would be appreciated very much. Thanks

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
How much programming do you know?

The basics are fairly simple: plunk a computer with a wireless modem next to each power storage unit (MFSU?), and have a single wireless computer with a terminal glasses bridge. This might be helpful, as might this.

Actually, if you've got the resources a wired modem might be better, as it doesn't end up with issues with range.

Tornado3019

Jul 29, 2019
I know all about that stuff. Also just found out how to use wired modems, but do you know how to use the wireless? I'm okay with all the programming stuff but I need to read from an MFE that's about 40ish blocks away, shouldn't be to far. If it is please tell me a way to extend it. You sound like you know what you're doing XD.

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
Wireless modems and wired modems are identical in their usage as far as the API is concerned. The effective range of a computer's wireless modem is dictated by the altitude of the computer, and if there is a thunderstorm going on the range is cut by 75% (to a minimum of 16 blocks).