Only lagging on the ftb launcher?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BearsInShadows

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, what i mean by the title is, i've only experienced lag on the ftb launcher, though in recent times i have found a recent work around so i can play the packs, but it's tedious, if i were to take the contents of say, Magic World 2, smack it in a AT Launcher instance, it would work smoothly, you'd think, " oh magic world 2 isn't too hard on your computer " but for some unknown reason, this problem only lies on the ftb launcher, if i were to run a ftb pack on the at launcher, smooth like butter, run a ftb pack on the ftb launcher, starts off smooth, then depletes to 19 FPS - 11 FPS - 4 FPS, and becomes unplayable in minutes, I usually get a steady 100 FPS on the ATLauncher, does anyone else have this problem?

Notes - Yes, i have used optifine, turned it off, only resulting in worse FPS, Yes i have JVM Arguments, and Yes, my java is up to date.

, Thanks!

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
How much RAM did you allocate to the ftb launcher? If you give to much Java will use it inefficient and that may cause problems.

BearsInShadows

Jul 29, 2019

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Damn. I was hoping there'd be something in there that would give some insight into this.

So you can take the mods and configs and use them in a different launcher and it works fine? I'm at a loss.

BearsInShadows

Jul 29, 2019
Damn. I was hoping there'd be something in there that would give some insight into this.

So you can take the mods and configs and use them in a different launcher and it works fine? I'm at a loss.
Yep, but i don't see why that happens, sure, it works that way, but it's a bit tedious to switch those to a different launcher every time there is a new pack update.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, there's no reason I can think of why it would show this sort of behavior. Maybe one of the other regulars can give some insight into this when they come on later.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I have heard that using something other than the FTB launcher can result in better fps. I am still using the launcher and get 100+ fps myself. You can even use the vanilla launcher if you like.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Some time ago there was someone that had trouble because their were to javaw.exes running when he launched a mod pack with ftb. maby thats why you experience those fps problems? Let me find that thread so I can look if there is a fix.

edit: the second javaw.exe is needed to catch errors, I will link the page here.

Last edited:

BearsInShadows

Jul 29, 2019
Some time ago there was someone that had trouble because their were to javaw.exes running when he launched a mod pack with ftb. maby thats why you experience those fps problems? Let me find that thread so I can look if there is a fix.

edit: the second javaw.exe is needed to catch errors, I will link the page here.
So what's the fix?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
So what's the fix?
Except for limiting the amount of RAM the launcher could use though a .bat file there is none which is explained in the thread. And even that might not work depending on how much memory you have.

BearsInShadows

Jul 29, 2019
Except for limiting the amount of RAM the launcher could use though a .bat file there is none which is explained in the thread. And even that might not work depending on how much memory you have.
I might just have to keep switching my ftb pack's contents over to different launchers, oh well.