"One way journey" public survival trip map [postponed until future notice]

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
I am thinking about doing special free event on my server. First i will try to make clear whats the main goal, then i will explain some rules and ideas.

GOAL
Have a nice mc style "vacation" associated with terrain mods exploration. To travel in straight line each (mc) day and survive in hostile environments. I know, i know that it sounds like "paulsoaresjrs" "Man vs Minecraft". Yes, i was huge fan of that series and loved the idea of survival hardcore/roleplay rules.
Of course we can all probably agree, that vanilla MC "trip" will be boring as hell. So why not adding bunch of mods in it, to make it both more fun and more difficult? I am pretty noobish in survival with recent version of mods so i may need all help possible. Actually i didnt play survival for like... i dont even remember. Anyway this event has no competition involved and to travel together while talking is its only purpose. I will answer some question about E.R.A.M. (if there will be any) but i want to focus on fun and exploration so dont expect any longer dialogues how does "things" work inside. On the contrary i hope to learn some "know-how" from you guys how to play this pretty recent "1.6.x generation of mods" in survival.

Again i need to point out that we will travel together as team and there is no competition involved. Fun and enjoyment from exploration is top priority. If we accomplish nothing in the end its still "successful mission". I dont care if we get to finish with wooden swords only or Tokamak Nuclear Fusion Reactor in backpack.

MODS
I want to discuses 3 types of mod categories here.
  1. Terrain mods (BOP, Highlands, ExtraBiomesXL, BWG4...)
  2. ----Whatever we will do when not traveling---- mods
  3. Mobs/journey hazard mods
Also i am sorry to say but absolutely no magic mods. This is my final decision so dont suggest any.
Modpack(1.6.4) will be distributed via pm in "MultiMC instance" form.

EVENT RULES
...are open for discussion. Here are mine suggestions.
  • You cant mine underground at day
  • You cant build on surface at day
  • You have to travel at day as far as its possible
  • Every third day you can do whatever you want, breaking any rules
  • Day will be set off when all registered members join server
  • If you dont participate you are out of this event
  • Event will end when we decide or when is only masterzh(me) left
OTHER GENERAL RULES
  • Any rude/vulgar abuse crossing "fun line" will get you banned instantly (same with trolls)
  • I dont care about anything else. So i suppose last one will be:
  • Have fun or get banned instantly :p
CHALLENGES

• WIP
    • WIP
    • WIP
PARTICIPANTS

• MasterZH (the guy in middle)
TIME SCHEDULE, APPLICATION and other informations
Streams, screenshots etc. everything is allowed. I will probably adjust day/night cycle duration to be longer. (before we start our journey of course) Event duration and UP-days will be based on number of people joining me and our free time. Maximum is 20(but probably about number 10). Server will be whitelisted so after start of journey you cant apply to join us. Server will be turn on and off in precise time period each day we will play. If we all agree to pause event to sustain all members "in" its all right same as pushing start or end time. Teamspeak is not required however i will prioritize those which can. Skype is must, to chat before we set off or to share important information about event. Event will start when we prepare everything.(ppl, rules, goals, mods...) After we finish i will make nice report in my E.R.A.M. thread and here with render of whole map we explored.(and some nice [photoshoped :p] group photos)

Dont try to apply till we get all rules and mods clear. Suggest your favorite and travel-friendly mods, challenges related to this "vacation" style trip or any ideas you have. Please explain your suggestions or you will be ignored.

Approximate days to start and survive our first few nights are 18.4. - 19.4.
Exact times are yet to be discussed but i will be ready pretty much both days in any time.

Last edited:

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Would the time periods be agreed once ten peoplevare accepted?
10ppl sounds like reasonable time to start discussing.
It wasn't supposed to be
Is it magical, or did I misread something?
Yes, you missed last sentence of first post. And i would say pretty important one.
"Please explain your suggestions or you will be ignored."
You know what? I also know more then 200 mod names. Do you want me to "shot" in this thread randomly 2-3 mods per day? How will "mod name" help me decide if its good or bad for our journey?

CreepaCatcha

Jul 29, 2019
10ppl sounds like reasonable time to start discussing.

Yes, you missed last sentence of first post. And i would say pretty important one.
"Please explain your suggestions or you will be ignored."
You know what? I also know more then 200 mod names. Do you want me to "shot" in this thread randomly 2-3 mods per day? How will "mod name" help me decide if its good or bad for our journey?
Sorry, I missed that part

So better barrels adds a dolly that can be used to pick up chests,but give you the slowness debuff,
There's also a diamond dolly which allows you to pick up (IIRC) three chests at once
This could be useful with traveling.

Do I do it right?

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Sorry, I missed that part

So better barrels adds a dolly that can be used to pick up chests,but give you the slowness debuff,
There's also a diamond dolly which allows you to pick up (IIRC) three chests at once
This could be useful with traveling.

Do I do it right?
I was thinking more about disusing basic mods(first) like TE/IC etc. suitable for quick ore processing...
I dont think "dolly" will be needed and any kind of "debuff" for carrying stuff is inappropriate for such trip.

To make things clear i didnt play survival for about 2 years so i will be grateful for any advices which are top candidates for "this" and why you prefer "that one".

Last edited:

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
*sigh* if only my internet...

EDIT= YNOW WHAT? kill my internet I volunteer. (its not slow so much as limited)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Because except thaumcraft i dont like any in MC. I do love magic RPG games but in MC its just weird.
That's quite close-minded of you. In a setting where there is no electricity and everything is lit by torches, I think it would be rather likely for people to delve into the arcane in order to improve their lives. If you ask me, tech mods are out of place. You go from a world that has no electricity besides some dust in the ground to making massive power systems and nuclear reactors? What the heck? That's a jump of like a hundred years of history. With magic mods, the basis of it is there is a force in the world that humans have discovered they can control. This may be discovered by a few people obtaining powers they never knew existed, like someone levitating in their sleep. After some study, humans would find this energy and learn to harness it. Once they've done that, there are few limits. Hate lighting your torches every day? use magic lanterns! They only go out when you want them to, and take seconds to cast. Hate how long it takes to cook your food and smelt your metals? say no more! there are magic-enhanced cooking and smelting options for your everyday needs. No more using tons of coal and waiting for ages just to get a bite to eat.

Reactions: un worry

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
That's quite close-minded of you. In a setting where there is no electricity and everything is lit by torches, I think it would be rather likely for people to delve into the arcane in order to improve their lives. If you ask me, tech mods are out of place. You go from a world that has no electricity besides some dust in the ground to making massive power systems and nuclear reactors? What the heck? That's a jump of like a hundred years of history. With magic mods, the basis of it is there is a force in the world that humans have discovered they can control. This may be discovered by a few people obtaining powers they never knew existed, like someone levitating in their sleep. After some study, humans would find this energy and learn to harness it. Once they've done that, there are few limits. Hate lighting your torches every day? use magic lanterns! They only go out when you want them to, and take seconds to cast. Hate how long it takes to cook your food and smelt your metals? say no more! there are magic-enhanced cooking and smelting options for your everyday needs. No more using tons of coal and waiting for ages just to get a bite to eat.
Sorry to say but you are not me, you dont own this server, and its not up to you to decide what will or will not be included. Only thing you can do is suggest mods/rules or participate. If you like it or not there will be no magic mods involved. This is my event. If you have problem with that rage in pm.

I am sorry if you were expecting some kind of tech-magic flamewar as i am not going to respond to anything you sad. Re-read topic name to make sure you are in right place.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Let me make a fresh argument, with a clear mind and calm demeanor. I was trying to say that you have a closed mind when it comes to the mods in this. You are saying absolutely no magic mods whatsoever with no argument but that you don't like them. That's fine. You don't like magic mods. That's your opinion and I will repsect that. What I don't respect is prejudice. You are saying no to magic mods entirely without even considering them for the pack, based on nothing but the fact that they are magic-based. Now, I'm not saying to accept any magic mod that gets suggested, or even to add any at all. I'm just asking you to consider them, not just flat-out deny them altogether.

The reason I even bring this up is the first thing I thought of for this was witchery. A decent amount of the mod's stuff is portable. You can store essence in gemstones, the altar is easy enough to carry, and the circles which are used for crafting a lot of the mod's stuff can be picked up and taken with you, not to mention that it adds a few spells that are great for mobility. On average, a witchery setup can be stored in a single strongbox, and deployed and ready for action in like 30 seconds.

Besides that, TE3 is a must. The strongboxes mean you can hold an infinite amount of tiems on your character, if you don't mind sifting through multiple boxes to find what you need. Extra utilites would be a good companion because of the generators which store energy when picked up, good for a low-resource start.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
And possibly arcane scrolls, I think they're pretty portable.

But again, I guess it's your choice to include them or not.

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Let me make a fresh argument, with a clear mind and calm demeanor. I was trying to say that you have a closed mind when it comes to the mods in this. You are saying absolutely no magic mods whatsoever with no argument but that you don't like them. That's fine. You don't like magic mods. That's your opinion and I will repsect that. What I don't respect is prejudice. You are saying no to magic mods entirely without even considering them for the pack, based on nothing but the fact that they are magic-based. Now, I'm not saying to accept any magic mod that gets suggested, or even to add any at all. I'm just asking you to consider them, not just flat-out deny them altogether.

The reason I even bring this up is the first thing I thought of for this was witchery. A decent amount of the mod's stuff is portable. You can store essence in gemstones, the altar is easy enough to carry, and the circles which are used for crafting a lot of the mod's stuff can be picked up and taken with you, not to mention that it adds a few spells that are great for mobility. On average, a witchery setup can be stored in a single strongbox, and deployed and ready for action in like 30 seconds.

Besides that, TE3 is a must. The strongboxes mean you can hold an infinite amount of tiems on your character, if you don't mind sifting through multiple boxes to find what you need. Extra utilites would be a good companion because of the generators which store energy when picked up, good for a low-resource start.
Actualy i can "just flat-out deny them altogether" based on single thought. Yes, i should consider them for actual build-survival server but you know what? This is not one of them. This will be short duration trip server and i can choose everything from my clothes, hair style, luggage, company, duration, destination or transport. In regular server people can do whatever they want and when they want. But in this server they will be forced to travel "where i choose" and only when i have good mood to travel and free time to do so. As you see everything is depending on me including actual server being online.

You are saying about prejudice. You are very wrong here as "free will to change server future" apply for public "open" servers. Sadly this one is not. If you look on other servers/modpacks not all of them will let you "change" what they will include. Actually calling this a regular server is wrong. Take it as company and me as it main manager. I have all the power, goal is set and we just need few not that important employees. If you join you have to follow company rules and if you dont, you get fired. You cant argue with company owner if you dont agree with his company system. There is no "why". Its his company. If you dont accept the rules its your choice not to get involved.

I have given a lot of aspects of this journey to discuss and choose but i see nothing then "out of place spamming" about already determined RULE. As you see i avoided anything related to "WHY i dont like magic mods" or "WHY they arent included" as its not point of this thread and it was already DETERMINED.