One Ingot to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them - or something!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I have been scratching my head and googling like a madman at this one, and can't find any conclusive solution.

Short(ish) version:

I want to unify all my metals to what ThermalFoundation gives me. First of all it's more space friendly in my AE2 network, and I simply prefer the looks of the TE3 ingots. They're somehow cuter.

I know the Ore Dictionary unifies their use so that they don't make a difference when crafting, but I just hate looking for copper ore for example, and in my terminal I get copper for TE3, IC2 and especially RotaryCraft now that I have a laser and extractor going 24/7.

Even smelting the RoC flakes with a TE3 redstone furnace is giving me RoC ingot versions.

Barrels allow you to convert them manually, but it's not the best solution when you have 15k+ of each.

Back in the old 1.6.4 days I used to pipe the output into a locked barrel and suck them from the bottom, so I had only one type going, but now piping into JABBA barrels, they're not being accepted.

If I put them in by hand it works and converts them, but piping them in using Itemducts or EnderIO item conduits, the barrel just refuses to accept them.

I tried this both with AOBD and without AOBD.

I'm stumped now :(

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
AE2 storage buses still work with JABBA barrels.

Put one copy of the ingot type you want in, then just whack a storage bus on it and set the priority to higher than your disks.

Then anything that comes out of your extractor should automatically find its way into the barrel and get converted :)

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Maybe the Unifier from mfr can help you.
(If that is still a thing, too long since I touched mfr)

Oh didn't know about that one. I'll look into it.

AE2 storage buses still work with JABBA barrels.

Put one copy of the ingot type you want in, then just whack a storage bus on it and set the priority to higher than your disks.

Then anything that comes out of your extractor should automatically find its way into the barrel and get converted :)

Will they make a distinction between mod version when inserting though? Or would I be creating a loop of inserting copper ad-eternum cos it treats all coppers the same?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Will they make a distinction between mod version when inserting though? Or would I be creating a loop of inserting copper ad-eternum cos it treats all coppers the same?

Unless you put in a fuzzy card, it should discriminate and only input the specific type you, uhhh, specify :)

It is also possible to segregate your barrels into a subnet where you send "wrong" ingot types to be unified, then extract them through another inventory back into main storage.

Reactions: ChemE and Shevron

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I just tried the MFR unifier on a test creative world, and I think it's gonna do the job!

Set the preference to TE3 copper, popped in a zillion different kinds, and they all came out as TE3.

I'm pleased! Can't believe I didn't come across it while searching for this. Found everything from scripts, to minetweaker, to mods that are supposed to do it, and nobody ever mentioned the Unifier.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried the MFR unifier on a test creative world, and I think it's gonna do the job!

Set the preference to TE3 copper, popped in a zillion different kinds, and they all came out as TE3.

I'm pleased! Can't believe I didn't come across it while searching for this. Found everything from scripts, to minetweaker, to mods that are supposed to do it, and nobody ever mentioned the Unifier.

I'm glad the unifier worked in this case for you. Be warned it is sketchy at best. I've tried to use it to unify rubies from Project Red/BoP/GregTech and not gotten anywhere even though they are all ore dict'ed.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I'm glad the unifier worked in this case for you. Be warned it is sketchy at best. I've tried to use it to unify rubies from Project Red/BoP/GregTech and not gotten anywhere even though they are all ore dict'ed.

Try setting the type you want in the preferences box.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Unifier seems to be working for everything, except aluminium.

It blatantly refuses to exchange between Tinker's aluminium and the 2 (?!) aluminium versions that RoC creates.

That one I solved with an export/import bus onto a locked barrel.

Everything is nice and uniform now. Quite pleased!

imPlayin

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, because aluminium is listed both as ingotAluminum and ingotAluminium and it usually won't unify things that have two oredict names

Reactions: Shevron