Omnia - Crashed when I went to sleep

4everfreekin

Jul 29, 2019
Right-clicked on the bed. Then nothing happened, I pressed e then suddenly it said saving world and crashed. This is the crash log.

Also as a side note I tried adding optifine to the mod folder but then I can't even start the game as soon as it starts loading all the mods it crashes and gives me this crash log.

I am using the following custom arguments if that changes anthing.

-Xmx10237M -XX:+UseG1GC -Xmx10G -Xms10G -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=2147483646 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M -XX:+UseG1GC -Xmx10G -Xms10G -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=2147483646 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M

Anyway would be great to know if it's something on my end and if so how I could fix this because it'd be pretty ass if I had to play this without being able to sleep.

DJBotan

Dec 27, 2019
I had the same issue. Game crashed not only when going to sleep but opening the chat too.
In my case MineTogether mod was the issue (if you sleep => game tries to open MineTogether chat and 50% of the times crashes) . Simply removing it from 'mods' folder solved the problem.
I hope this helps.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Bug reports for Omnia goes here:

With that said, @4everfreekin - you're allocating way too much ram + it looks like you're having the same settings multiple times (It looks like you did a copy/paste error, but you still have -Xmx configured twice), giving too much will cause issues with garbage collection and will cause lag - this is even if you have a lot to spare on your machine. For servers it's different.

Optifine is not supported and adding it can/will/may also cause random issues, so please check if this is true even without optifine - and don't do a bug report on the github if you have optifine installed, please try without and give logs from that.