Old UU matter and IC2 experimental problem (1.6.4)

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Recently, Dartcraft added a way to get IC2's old UU matter. It works with the old version of the recipes.

Except I can't get it to work at all. According to Bluedart he can get it to work with IC2 version 394, but I'm using the latest version of Monster, which has 397.

I can't get any of the recipes to show up, even with the IC2 config set to show all hidden recipies. And it's active in the Dartcraft config. None of the UU recipes work.

Did some mod in Monster, including IC2, disable the recipes? I couldn't find a changelog of IC2 that describes exactly what they've done, though 296 says "Fixed some Recipes".

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
May I suggest just removing IC2 #397 and replacing it with IC2 #394?

1. Select the modpack you want to edit on the FTB Launcher.
2. Click "Edit Mod Pack".
3. Find IC2 in the "Enabled Mods" column and then click "Add Mod" in the bottom right.
4. Download the IC2 version you want (#394) and save it somewhere easy to find (such as Desktop).
5. Add that version in and enjoy yourself.

If you don't want to do the above try MineTweaker.

:)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Now why would Dartcraft do something so potentially inflammatory?
Chances are IC2 have totally removed the UU recipies in IC2Exp in favor for their liquid UU. If dartcraft have implemented such a feature it will probably be controlled on Dartcrafts side.

Reactions: RealSketch

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
I could add 394, but I wanted to know what was going on as well. Especially if it was IC2 that changed, so I could notify Bluedart. But I couldn't find a comprehensive changelog to IC2.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I could add 394, but I wanted to know what was going on as well. Especially if it was IC2 that changed, so I could notify Bluedart. But I couldn't find a comprehensive changelog to IC2.
I would just notify bluedart, but I'll doubt he'll fix it anytime soon.
So just notify him, ask him to fix it and use IC2 #394 until he updates.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
I already posted in his thread on the Minecraft forums. He said he had no problems, and no one else has said anything. So I'm trying to track it down.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Now why would Dartcraft do something so potentially inflammatory?
Chances are IC2 have totally removed the UU recipies in IC2Exp in favor for their liquid UU. If dartcraft have implemented such a feature it will probably be controlled on Dartcrafts side.
And it is, DC adds a way to grow the old UU matter by using IC2 crops. It's not like the current IC2 has a way to obtain the old version anyway.
Why would that be considered inflammatory, though?

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
And it is, DC adds a way to grow the old UU matter by using IC2 crops. It's not like the current IC2 has a way to obtain the old version anyway.
Why would that be considered inflammatory, though?

1. It could be considered copying/ stealing ideas or being unoriginal (this shouldn't be a problem in modded minecraft though).
2. It's circumventing changes to mod balance in a direct and inconsiderate fashion. Think GregTech style meddleing with other mods.

Then again I'm not saying it's a guarantee, I did say potentially. I know I'd find it rude if someone tried to phase something back in I phased out for a reason.
Also BlueDart could have made their own UU styled item (maybe force Matter lol), might still be considered copying but the idea isn't exactly claimed by IC2 especially as they have abandoned the item based UU. That would also allow him to avoid adding more dependencies to IC2. Mod synergy is cool but total feature dependence isn't.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Still, Dartcraft has had some sort of close of integration with IC2 for a long time -- it has a (better) version of all basic machines, generators, solar panels and tools, for example. But then again, now that I think about it this is the same IC2 that nearly sued a guy for adding jetpacks... so maybe they don't care at all about DC.

As for bringing UU back, it does so in a way that is much more of a pain to get as feeding all the energy into a machine, so I don't think it's that big of a problem. Have you even tried crops out? Even with time torches I doubt it would be too easy, seeing how weeds should still be affected by them. Also, the mod has no dependencies at all on IC2, you can run it just fine without that.