Request Old Feed The Beast Launcher

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Do you like the new launcher?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its alright, it could use an update.

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xOceanSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
The new launcher is stupid...so stupid, It took me 20 minutes to find the modpacks and then download a modpack I ALREADY HAD INSTALLED!!

I don't want to connect to a server. I'm the only one in my family who plays minecraft! Stop asking me to connect to a group or server.

Its forcing you to start again, I copied everything over so I don't have to. Luckily it works.

Imo there was nothing wrong with the old launcher, it was simple, elegant and worked! This new launcher is stupid!

Please give me back the old launcher

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
https://imgur.com/a/m8LRB here lies your answer
site was https://www.feed-the-beast.com

Also i don't recommend switching back to FTB legacy launcher. reason is that you will have lesser modpacks available to you. It is called legacy for a reason :)

EDIT2 : there were a few issues with the old launcher. the fact that it took a LONG time to download libraries is one... Also please calm down... XD

Last edited:

xOceanSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I had to rollback my graphics driver and I was having none stop problems with that, so I was already angry and just wanted to play the game.

Thanks for pointing out that legacy version, they really should make the text bigger.

I am enjoy FTB Infinity, once I feel like I have 'Done everything' I will look at other modpacks :)

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
It took me forever to find the legacy version.

I am overall fairly happy with the current launcher when it comes to just setting up a single player game and playing it. I had to dig to find the legacy launcher, though, to download the server for any of the modpacks. That option does not appear to be anywhere on the curse launcher.

But, overall, I'm ok with it. I've had better luck with it overall. Just that one missing feature I would like to see put back in, and it's only for server owners so it's not like it's a huge deal.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
I had to rollback my graphics driver and I was having none stop problems with that, so I was already angry and just wanted to play the game.

Thanks for pointing out that legacy version, they really should make the text bigger.

I am enjoy FTB Infinity, once I feel like I have 'Done everything' I will look at other modpacks :)
graphics problem? then it is nvidia not the launcher... >_>

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

Reactions: Robijnvogel