Oil Ocean - Mystcraft. Is it possible?

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Oooh I'm going to have fun with this! I didn't realize you could use anything other than water/lava for oceans, yet. I know it was planned, but...

It would be incredible if it could integrate with the fluid dictionary though. Imagine it - oceans of arbitrary liquids - just because you can.

M

Masterkore

1. Ocean Biome
  2. Single Biome
  3. Zero Length
  4. Noon
  5. Normal Sun
  6. Full Length
  7. Normal Moon
  8. Normal Stars
  9. Bright Lighting
  10. Oil
  11. Flat
  12. No Weather
  13. Clear Modifiers
All of which were in that order. I hope you enjoy your Oil Age - Thanks again to Adonis0

Ok, so im on Tekkit (Sorry FTB) and it has Mystcraft. So in Tekkit (If you are not aware), Resonant Ender is like the king's gold. It makes some of the best powering items and provides for most of the power armor upgrades. I made a dimensional book just like how he said without the Noon modifier (I don't think it's in tekkit.), substituting Resonant Ender Block for Oil and added a buttload of paper (63) and I got a stable Resonant Ender ocean dimension that was always night (Sadly, but it's well worth it because the lighting is normal, plus the Resonant Ender glows.). This proves that that this does work with other liquids as well, however which ones exactly is unsure. I've only proved this on Tekkit though, so I have no idea whether this may be affected through the other modpack.

Just to warn you, don't jump in the Ender. You'll never be able to get out.

M

Masterkore

Here's a question pertinent to the discussion in a civilized manner.

How much instability does the oil page cause and subsequently, how many instability adding pages will negate enough random instability to make it worthwhile (i.e. charged, etc.)?

When I created my Resonant Ender world, all that would happen would you'd light on fire randomly after you are extinguished and the fire only does 4 damage overall

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Best thing ever is finding a RFtools world with Fuel/Oil for oceans, it's pretty much you win the fuel game at that point.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Ok, so im on Tekkit (Sorry FTB) and it has Mystcraft. So in Tekkit (If you are not aware), Resonant Ender is like the king's gold. It makes some of the best powering items and provides for most of the power armor upgrades. I made a dimensional book just like how he said without the Noon modifier (I don't think it's in tekkit.), substituting Resonant Ender Block for Oil and added a buttload of paper (63) and I got a stable Resonant Ender ocean dimension that was always night (Sadly, but it's well worth it because the lighting is normal, plus the Resonant Ender glows.). This proves that that this does work with other liquids as well, however which ones exactly is unsure. I've only proved this on Tekkit though, so I have no idea whether this may be affected through the other modpack.

Just to warn you, don't jump in the Ender. You'll never be able to get out.
I think we've got a new necropost record! Nearly a three year old post dredged up from the depths citing mechanics that have changed significantly over the years.

I have a REAL problem with Mystcraft/RFTools dimension setup. That being you need to create dozens of dimensions to be able to find all the pages/dimlets to perform such a task. Which brings a server down to a perma-crash. I don't know who ever thought it would be a good idea to encourage players to frivolously create tons of dimensions, but it is a very bad idea from a performance perspective.