oil mystcraft idea

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

giesergast

Jul 29, 2019
well i had an idea you now the direwolf giant ocean lava lake thing would this also work with oil or wouldn it would it create instability ?? i cant test it cuase i cant find my stupid ocean symbol just an idea i had if it would work i will start making boiler all day cuase that would be awesome :)

giesergast

Jul 29, 2019
ooh how much??? if its slowwness ill handle it but if its explosions and stuff so how bad is it?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
You're almost guaranteed to get block decay, in addition to debuffs and other effects.

That said, I don't use Mystcraft in regular play myself, so I can't tell you about more than a small handful of experiments. You might get lucky and get a world without block decay, or not. Can't say for sure. But I can tell you that every single world I've ever gotten was utterly nasty. Useful if you have a ginormous tank back home and you bring several pumps, a liquid tesseract and an energy cell with you, so you can get a couple thousand buckets really quick and then get the hell outta there. But certainly nothing you want (or can) have a permanent installation in.

ForJagler

Jul 29, 2019
The best way is the cheaty way , turn off instability and you can make a whole world of oil but , Where's da fun in dat!?

ForJagler

Jul 29, 2019
the oil page
You_don't_say.png

danny75

Jul 29, 2019
with the introduction of oil biomes (by forestry), setting up next to one of those would be ideal. i'm sure by the time 1.6 comes out, xcomp will have added this biome into his mod, and you may not have to deal with decay or instability provided you write a stable age.