Odd problem w/ CC and setting bundled cable output

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Here's an odd one for you CC people:

I'm setting up a system that will change bundled cable outputs depending on a rednet message, but I'm running in to a little hiccup with rs.setBundledOutput. My plan was to have the rednet message send a variable to the program running on the receiving end that would be used to set the bundled cable output. I got everything working fine except the final step. After much frustration I broke down and made a couple of test programs.

My first program, just to make sure my idea works at all is:
Code:
x = 1
rs.setBundledOutput("back",x)
It does exactly what I want: it turns on the white cable that's connected via bundled cable to the back of the computer.

My second program - should be the same as the first, only x is determined by an argument (I tested by sending 1):
Code:
tArgs={...}
x=tArgs[1]
rs.setBundledOutput("back",x)
Instead of changing the redstone state it gives me the error "Expected string, number." I've tested that my argument actually gets written to x by using print(x), so I'm a little confused what my problem is.

HcoJustin

Jul 29, 2019
Program arguments are passed as a string, so you must convert them to a number first.

Code:
x = tonumber(tArgs[1])

Reactions: Neirin

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Program arguments are passed as a string, so you must convert them to a number first.

Code:
x = tonumber(tArgs[1])
Already tried that - it gives the error "attempt to call nil value."

EDIT: blargh, I was using toNumber, not tonumber. Syntax errors...