Octuple Cobble Gen - Is this the best setup?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

diehard586

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, a time ago i had an cobble gen working with alot of cyclic assembler to get some octuple, but i had discover the compacting drawers mod, so i decided to remake this cobble gen using them, in fact, i have this huge tower of compacting drawers, my question is, is that the best setup? or has some other ways to make this ?

I'm playing on infinty evolved 2.3.5 , here's the pic of the drawers tower :

FPRwIme.jpg

I know that i dont need the upgrades for this drawers, but i stick them and take all the other compressed cobble that i have in the system and dump all in the drawers, and all transfer nodes are full of upgrades.

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
Technically you want a massive load of actual cobblegens at the bottom and there's no need to have multiple drawers for higher compression levels. You definitely don't need more than a stack upgrade and maybe some speed for the upper transfer nodes, which is a massive cost reduction if "full of upgrades" means whole stacks of them.

The best configuration I found for the cobblegen was 4 stacks of world interaction upgrades and some speed upgrades I believe.

With default recipes you can also make the whole contraption a lot cheaper by using Steve's Factory Manager to transfer between drawers with additional autocrafting. Some people posted about crashes and lag with newer versions so I don't know if it's still viable. You can clump 5 drawers around a single manager which is more than enough to handle the whole process, though it might not keep up with 5 cobblegens pointing at the regular-to-double drawer (haven't tested that with SFM yet)

diehard586

Jul 29, 2019
Technically you want a massive load of actual cobblegens at the bottom and there's no need to have multiple drawers for higher compression levels. You definitely don't need more than a stack upgrade and maybe some speed for the upper transfer nodes, which is a massive cost reduction if "full of upgrades" means whole stacks of them.

The best configuration I found for the cobblegen was 4 stacks of world interaction upgrades and some speed upgrades I believe.

With default recipes you can also make the whole contraption a lot cheaper by using Steve's Factory Manager to transfer between drawers with additional autocrafting. Some people posted about crashes and lag with newer versions so I don't know if it's still viable. You can clump 5 drawers around a single manager which is more than enough to handle the whole process, though it might not keep up with 5 cobblegens pointing at the regular-to-double drawer (haven't tested that with SFM yet)

So, 6 drawers for the first tiers and only one for the nexts should be better than this? i'll give a shot, about the upgrades, well this is not making any difference and make the drawers looks cool xD

DanteDarkstar

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the one issue I see with the generator is that assuming cobble is produced 1 per second per generator (6/second total), the first piece of octuple compressed cobble is expected to arrive around the half of the third month (real time) of non-stop operation. If it's 1 cobble per tick, then a piece of octuple compressed cobble is expected every 4 days and a bit of constant operation. Which would mean you don't really have to worry too much about automation of higher-tier compression anyway.

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know what the capacity limit of the drawer/transfer node combo actually is but the main bottleneck is the speed of the cobblegen. If you really want to optimise this hop into creative and start testing. You can run up to 5 cobblegen nodes into a single drawer and extract double-compressed from the sixth face, most likely the top. If you place a Machine Inventory Manager there you can attach 4 independent drawers for higher compression/storage (you need one face to edit the manager program), or use a drawer controller to link up even more.

My remark on the upgrades was specifically directed at the transfer nodes. More than a stack upgrade and maybe a couple speed upgrades is completely unnecessary, those resources are better invested into getting more iron+lapis for additional cobblegens. Other item transfer systems might be cheaper in general, but the costs are so diverse it's hard to call any of them the absolute cheapest solution. Unless you use something like SFM or computers of course, their default recipes are way cheaper.

Vengent

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know about optimal, but here's my simpler setup, I used item translocators.

HdbvwlK.jpg

Cobble gen behind it. All 1 stack of speed, and rest world interaction. I also used the water for witch water, etc, so not pure cobble gen.

oic6L5P.jpg