Oceanblock server not opening

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

JackFlop34

Feb 26, 2022
Hello, I have been attempting to open an ocean block server for the past few hours and I keep running into the exact same issue, when I attempt to launch the server, the CMD window will appear like any server, but with the message "Error: Unable to access jarfile forge-1.16.5-36.2.20.jar Press any key to continue"

My current thought process is the new java update messing with the server as this happens when I try to even launch a vanilla server made before 1.17.1 Minecraft. If anyone would be able to provide a certain java version I would have to install back to (I have already tried several older versions on Java 8) or could provide another answer to this problem, it would be greatly appreciated

*yes, I am launching the start.bat file as admin, and there is no EULA file to agree to

Below is an image of the folder with all of the server contents, and the commant prompt message the appears every time i attempt to open in
1645835411949.png

JackFlop34

Feb 26, 2022
After trying other mod packs, I am unable to open those servers as well. such as stone block 2 and sky factory 3

JackFlop34

Feb 26, 2022
UPDATE: i have figured out why i cannot access the file, I needed to write the complete path of the file "IN QUOTATIONS" in the launcher, now I am having a completely different issue in starting the server,
1645840222173.png

I am going to try and launch in a few older versions of java and i will keep this thread updates on my findings