Bug Oak Tree eats EnderIO Conduits?

wildex999

Jul 29, 2019
I have been working on a Tree farm, and have happened on something I think is a bug, but I'm not sure.
Usually when I do something like setting up a Tree farm using MFR Planter and Harvester, I run the Conduits under ground. However, this time I didn't want to bother with digging underground or running the conduits in the floor, so I decided to run them in the air.

It seems however, that at certain times when a Oak Tree grows into the large version, it will "eat" one of the EnderIO Conduits.
Is this normal/expected or a bug?

Screenshot:
2015-08-10_17.54.33.png
The cobblestone setup on the right is a previous place it would eat through the conduits, so it seems putting cobblestone in front stops it.

Note: This is running FTB Infinity 1.9.0

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
That happens due to how the trees are programmed. Not much you can do other than keep conduits well away from where the trees could grow.

Reactions: RedBoss

wildex999

Jul 29, 2019
I have never seen trees destroy blocks before when growing? Is it only a certain type of blocks that a tree will replace when growing(non-solid)?
Putting cobblestone in front seems to stop it, I'll try putting a cover on the conduits and see if that helps too.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I have never seen trees destroy blocks before when growing? Is it only a certain type of blocks that a tree will replace when growing(non-solid)?
Putting cobblestone in front seems to stop it, I'll try putting a cover on the conduits and see if that helps too.

I don't know the exact details on it, I just remember trees eating torches for a while now.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know the exact details on it, I just remember trees eating torches for a while now.
I would blame Ender io Think torches are getting knocked of cuz of being tile entities but conduits shouldnt be

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I would blame Ender io Think torches are getting knocked of cuz of being tile entities but conduits shouldnt be

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

Umm, no. Torches aren't tile entities. This is definitely not EnderIO's fault.

Reactions: RedBoss

wildex999

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, did some more searching and testing. Seems this is indeed an old known problem with large Oak Trees, with the "branches" being able to break blocks. Leaves do not break blocks.
The fix is to either keep any blocks away from where the tree grows(Like Padfoote said), or to simply put a roof above it to stop the large tree from growing.

Thank you all for your input =)

Reactions: Padfoote

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
There's a method somewhere you have to override to keep your blocks from being able to be replaced by leaves. Probably just an oversight on their part.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
There's a method somewhere you have to override to keep your blocks from being able to be replaced by leaves. Probably just an oversight on their part.

Code Chicken Core is supposed to do it but didn't seem to be working at a stage because my Lamps of Growth kept being eaten... It may prevent the leaves from eating things but the issue seems to be the branches

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Code Chicken Core is supposed to do it but didn't seem to be working at a stage because my Lamps of Growth kept being eaten... It may prevent the leaves from eating things but the issue seems to be the branches
Tterag told me that its just a bug with vanilla and that dark oaks will eat just about any block.