Null Pointer Exception

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dragon_Mind

Jul 29, 2019
That seemed to work, but now there are a ton (around 20) ID conflicts which I really don't feel like doing right now. Anyone up for it, or has a massive config bank?

Dragon_Mind

Jul 29, 2019
Is Java 7 better in some way? I am on Mac, and I downgraded to 6 when 7 was the new 8. I've just been too hesitant to leave what I already know works.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all!

I am in the process of making a giant modpack. I am a rather seasoned modpack creator, but I cannot find out why it keeps giving me this error. I am using a mod called idfixminus, which in the past, has helped me a TON with ID conflicts, but this problem doesn't seem to be related to idfixminus or any ID at all.

Here is the pastebin of the crash-report: http://pastebin.com/cX8n7XSB

thanks for the help!

If you were a seasoned modpack creator you would not be using idfix-anything.

Reactions: 7thfleet and Eyamaz

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Numina using Java 7 too. Actually it throws and error on 6 and quits usually.

Dragon_Mind

Jul 29, 2019
If you were a seasoned modpack creator you would not be using idfix-anything.

This is the first time I've used a mod like this for one of my larger packs. I make a bunch of smaller war/tech packs with my friends (5-10 mods), and it rarely crashes. I'll check out the master configs, maybe that'll work.

I'm just a bit worried with changing to Java 7, even though I know it works and all you are saying its important.

BTW, can't believe eyamaz checked out my thread. I love BnB.

Dragon_Mind

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I seem to be kinda stuck. The forgemodloader log says I'm running java 1.6.0, but when I do Java -version in my terminal, it says I am running 1.7.x. Why do you think this is? How can I fix it? BTW, I'm using an IMac, running mac osx mountain lion.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I seem to be kinda stuck. The forgemodloader log says I'm running java 1.6.0, but when I do Java -version in my terminal, it says I am running 1.7.x. Why do you think this is? How can I fix it? BTW, I'm using an IMac, running mac osx mountain lion.
Make sure the launcher is using Java 7. Look under the options tab and the advanced options button.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
The minecraft.dmg you download for macosx includes a bundled jre6. You can specify a different jre to use for each profile in the launcher but I found it easier to download the 'other platforms' minecraft.jar and run that as the launcher. As a .jar file it always uses the latest registered java runtime.