NuclearCraft - A Modern Physics Mod

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Yes, reactor temperature.

Regulating temperature with redstone is not that hard, actually. Reactor emits signal with strength proportional to temperature. By making redstone line before inverted longer you can make reactor float at certain temperature range.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yes, reactor temperature.

Regulating temperature with redstone is not that hard, actually. Reactor emits signal with strength proportional to temperature. By making redstone line before inverted longer you can make reactor float at certain temperature range.
I actually completely forgot that the reactors did that. Its a bit of a shame as it means setting a temperature is almost trivial, but...still kinda cool idea nonetheless :)

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Btw, do not forget that you have to use redstone comparator for measuring temperature. I have forgot to re-place it (after previous have fallen in fight with exploding IC2 capacitor) and thing did not go well after that.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Btw, do not forget that you have to use redstone comparator for measuring temperature. I have forgot to re-place it (after previous have fallen in fight with exploding IC2 capacitor) and thing did not go well after that.
I typically rig my reactors with a signal apparatus that has redundancy built in. Historically I run "unsafe and efficient" reactors that fluctuate in temperature, so redundancy gives me piece of mind for when I inevitably do something silly and break the wrong wires.

S

Sharkbite3105

This mod is great, and I hope this is the right place to ask, but how do the various cobble generators work? for some reason the dense cobble generator doesnt seem to produce more than 10 stacks every minute even though the tooltip says 2 stacks/s, using impulse itemducts with resonant servos, (ftb rev 1.4.0). Also loving the power gen from the fusion reactors, got a size 3 doing 180k rf/t with just hydrogen, and we did have a size 24 running straight deuterium at 2.5mil rf/t, and I was having a great time with the calcium sulfate recipe chain, brings back memories of turning valves and such, (was a nuclear electrician in the US navy).

L

lizard2547

I love your mod! I'm very interested in nuclear power, and the details of this game are much more satisfying than Extreme Reactors. However, I'm a little confused with some of the mod mechanics. While I was using my reactor, I started to build up depleted fuel. I started to reprocess it, and eventually came up with some MOX-239. This fuel was too hot for my reactor, which was using a combination of redstone and quartz coolers, 5 cells, and 4 graphite moderators. I had heard that active cooling could solve my problem, but every attempt I made ended in disaster. With about 24 active coolers running on water, they dissipated about 1000 heat. With buffers, water pumps, pipes, and servos working together, this just wasn't worth it. My redstone and quartz coolers provided more cooling for about the same cost (not including the additional equipment), and were much simpler. With the added complexity and cost, I can't see any reason to use them. As for other materials, most of them proved too expensive, I decided I would just have too build a bigger reactor. I'm trying to figure out if I'm missing something, but I didn't find any answer of solution.

S

Sharkbite3105

Supposedly there is a way to build a temperature regulator with a comparator and some sort of redstone circuit, but, I don't know what it looks like. otherwise id bring up the design for it. I did see a few mentions of it here on this forum but the mod needs a way to regulate this kind of thing besides vanilla redstone. maybe a regulator built into the fission controller/fusion core or a regulator block that goes along side of the fission controller/ fusion core.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Here is how regulating with comparator can be done and a couple or reactor designs that use it.
uIefgoG.png

xGYHqBc.png
They have enough cooling to run Thorium at about half speed (i.e. half time they are switched on, half time off to cool down). Efficiency of second design is 558%, first one is four hundred-something%

Alternatively, instead of increasing cooling you can decrease heating by reducing number of cells all the way to one, if necessary.

Last edited:

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, after quite a hectic return weekend, we're back in business. As usual, I'll try my best to deal with the bug reports that have been stacking up, and then we can move on with new content. There is also the possibility of a texture overhaul courtesy of a wonderful person called Lyra, but more of that later once we get a bit of traction!

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Okay, after quite a hectic return weekend, we're back in business. As usual, I'll try my best to deal with the bug reports that have been stacking up, and then we can move on with new content. There is also the possibility of a texture overhaul courtesy of a wonderful person called Lyra, but more of that later once we get a bit of traction!
Any plans on a video?

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
Will probs do one soon, just to go through roughly what I'm hoping to get done, and perhaps to go through the reactor rules post-2.9.

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
New version of NC available! Mainly bug fixes and minor additions, with more to come soon:

* Fixed active coolers using coolant even when reactor is not running

* Fixed ore drop events not checking for silk touch correctly

* Fixed potential crash with Tesla machines accepting null fluids
* Fixed passive machines accepting energy when they shouldn't be

* Fixed battery blocks not displaying their internal energy correctly

* Fixed broken IE treated wood planks recipe
* Minor recipe tweaks

+ Added config option for displaying machine particles

* Updated Forge
* Updated IC2 API

Vids are now recorded, just need editing :)

Reactions: Lethosos and Pyure

scottvee

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, turbo. Just stopping by to say thanks for a fine mod. I can't help trying to produce every isotope, your cooling units are a very clever kind of puzzle, and I can finally make useful amounts of NH3 for my rockhounding addiction. I can think of many real-life nuclear scientists who would love to have my neutron fluid cow. But she is not for sale...