nuclear reactor vs matter fabricator

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
You can also achieve it with nuclear, but I think you need to enable the IC2 copper; IIRC someone did like 20k eu/t nuclear reactor array with thorium breeders and logistic pipe for the automation, he posted it a while back in the GT thread, no idea about the design though..

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but I'd see it being a massive multiblock amalgamation, of steam turbines, a reactor chamber, cooling systems. Something that will take a up a fair bit of space and time/materials. But put out a max of Extreme Voltage. Any IC2 Devs want to get started on this?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but I'd see it being a massive multiblock amalgamation, of steam turbines, a reactor chamber, cooling systems. Something that will take a up a fair bit of space and time/materials. But put out a max of Extreme Voltage. Any IC2 Devs want to get started on this?

I'd say go over to the IC2 forums and check into the suggestion area, maybe post some stuff over there.

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
Having looked at the IC2 suggestion forum, the forum says this idea is outdated... I have no idea what they mean by outdated, since the reactor design they currently have seems to be the outdated idea, it's slow to build, slow to produce, expensive as hell, and not the most efficient EU generator by a long shot. Doesn't that mean it's not just outdated but surplus to requirement.